Warranty outside USA

Hello,

If I buy a fuze+ player from the US (billing address to my European address) will the warranty be valid in Europe?

What if I buy it at a US store physically instead?

what exactly do I have to do to get an answer? not even the support answered me!

Warranty in Europe is two years , compared against the US warranty of one year.

On the other side of the pond, you guys get a great deal.  Here’s the official terms of warranty pagefor you.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you, but this is not what I asked :dizzy_face:

I would guess that if you bought a player from the US (on-line or brick & mortar store), the US warranty would apply regardless of where it physically ends up. If it were bought from a European dealer, the European warranty would prevail. I would also assume that the serial numbers that SanDisk applies to each unit somehow indicates (to them) the country of origin of waranty purposes.

Of course these are only assumptions on my part; you should be able to confirm the legalities by calling SanDisk Tech Support. Note all European countries have a support telephone number, so you may have to wait for an e-mail response, but if there is a phone number I would take advantage of it.

I would guess that if you bought a player from the US (on-line or brick & mortar store), the US warranty would apply regardless of where it physically ends up. If it were bought from a European dealer, the European warranty would prevail. I would also assume that the serial numbers that SanDisk applies to each unit somehow indicates (to them) the country of origin for warranty purposes.

Of course these are only assumptions on my part; you should be able to confirm the legalities by calling SanDisk Tech Support. Note all European countries have a support telephone number, so you may have to wait for an e-mail response, but if there is a phone number I would take advantage of it.