Warranty Issue: Sansa is stuck on loading screen

Hi there, I’m new here and I’ve had my Sansa for a total of 8 months and I’ve got this problem with my sansa getting stuck on the load screen when you turn it on.  I was curious to know how you guys dealt with the warranty issue?  It stopped working about a month ago while I was taking summer school and my sansa doesn’t ever get really beat up so I don’t know what to do.  Anyways, I hope someone can help me with this, thanks.

I’m having the same issue. I just attempted to update the firmware on both my Sansa’s (one from Christmas and the other from March) and they are both stuck on the loading screen.  Also, XP no longer recognizes the devices.

Anyone have any other suggestions??  Is tech support going to be any assistance?

dont they c200s have a recovery mode like the previous players. Put hold function on, hold the record button and connect to computer while holding the record button. Should come up as a drive, if it does, them sandisk can probably email you firmware to try and fix it. You would have to call and ask. 866.SanDisk