WARNING!!!

WARNING!!!__          WARNING!!!        WARNING!!!

I just tried to download the user guide for the Sansa Fuse, and my virus protection program warned me that it contains a virus!!!

This should be looked into and the virus removed!

The User’s Guide or manual is a simple .pdf file and contains no virus. As far as ‘downloadiing’ it is concerned, if you have Adode or Foxit PDF reader, it should automatically open it up in your browser.

Her is the direct link to it:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142

Obviously, there’s something amiss in your A/V software that’s identifying this as a false positve. Maybe the PDF reader you’re using is the problem?

The User’s Guide or manual is a simple .pdf file and contains no virus. As far as ‘downloadiing’ it is concerned, if you have Adode or Foxit PDF reader, it should automatically open it up in your browser.

Here is the direct link to it:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142

I just now opened this up with no issue and am running Norton 360 A/V software on this particular machine. Obviously, there’s something amiss in your A/V software that’s identifying this as a false positve. Maybe the PDF reader you’re using is the problem?

I am running AVG 11.1.0.12 - the latest version, as far as I know.  My PDF reader is Adobe Reader X - version 10.1.4  AVG has never (for the past few years) falsed: if it says something isn’t right, then something ISN’T right.

HIwever, I just went to the direct download you gave me the URL for, and it seems to be clean.

Sorry if this is a false alarm, but having had a “known safe” site load my machine up with junk,  (while I was using Norton products) I am very cautious…

Just curious, where did you you download the one that gave you the virus warning?

from the sandisk forum site, the direct download that I was sent was okay…

@neelode wrote:

from the sandisk forum site, the direct download that I was sent was okay…

Well, that’s odd because that’s where the direct link I posted came from. :confounded: