Vorbis Ogg Support for Clip Sport Plus 16Gb Bluetooth

Does the SanDisk development or tech support team plan on fixing this deficiency any time soon and release updated firmware? A prompt response would be appreciated as I will be returning the Clip Sport Plus 16Gb to my local retailer and be moving on to an other player that does support .ogg files and is Bluetooth enabled, should the answer be a “No.”

Background:

With all due diligence my research led me to the decision to  purchased the Clip Sport Plus 16Gb specifically to play files in Vorbis .ogg format and have the Bluetooth capability to connect to a Bluetooth enabled audio panel of a general aviation aircraft. The SanDisk support web for this model of player states it will play .ogg files in addition to other popular formats (Ref: https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14130/related/1 ). This player does not play Vorbis .ogg formatted media files. After upgrading to the latest firmware 2.09 as of Feb 21, 2017 the message “File Format Not Supported” continues to display when trying to open these file types.

I use Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Linux exclusively with K3b Burn to rip CDs, and Banshee to sync music to the Clip Sport Plus 16Gb.

Example media file relevant Metadata:

Type: Audio

Codec: Vorbis Audio (vorb)

Channels: Stereo

Sample rate: 44100 Hz

Bitrate: 96 kb/s

ENCODER: K3bOggVorbisEncoderPlugin