Vorbis comment problems

Basically, I have all my mp3s as vorbis files, all using vorbis comments. The majority play well, however, some do not, due to a particular comment on them. For example, the output from one file of vorbiscomment is as follows:

david@david-laptop-ubuntu:~/Desktop/Converted3/Linkin Park/Hybrid Theory$ vorbiscomment -l "01 Papercut.ogg"  
TITLE=Papercut  
ARTIST=Linkin Park  
ALBUM=Hybrid Theory  
DATE=2000-10-24  
TRACKNUMBER=1  
GENRE=Rock  
MUSICBRAINZ\_ALBUMARTISTID=f59c5520-5f46-4d2c-b2c4-822eabf53419  
MUSICBRAINZ\_ARTISTID=f59c5520-5f46-4d2c-b2c4-822eabf53419  
**COMMENT=Linken Park Shizzle**  
MUSICBRAINZ\_TRACKID=9aa621e1-46f2-4c91-8111-741583985612  
ARTISTSORT=Linkin Park  
TRACKTOTAL=12  
COMPOSER=Linkin Park  
MUSICBRAINZ\_ALBUMID=04b8953c-969a-423a-8847-ccf78b83d013

If the bolded tag is, however, not there, it works perfectly.

When the tag is there, the tracks just cycle through without playing any of them. Is there any way to batch edit all the tracks to remove this comment?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

That depends on what you are using to tag. If you use something like mp3tag you can select multiple files and modify the tags on all the files.

I forgot to say, I’m running ubuntu, so that program doesn’t help in the slightest :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

Ahh… then I am no help I dont run a tagging software on my Linux system.

@imafatmess wrote:

I forgot to say, I’m running ubuntu, so that program doesn’t help in the slightest :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

EasyTAG.

http://easytag.sourceforge.net/

It will bulk-edit an entire directory tree, and it’s in the Ubuntu repository. Try it on a copy of a section of your library before unleasing it on the whole thing…

Thanks, helped loads. I looked at EasyTAG before but I never realised it did batch functions. I was playing around with bash and all that jazz trying to get it to work…

Anyway, thanks again, loads of help :slight_smile:

Oh, and why on earth does my fuze not play vorbis files with comment comments anyway?! Its completely nonsensical!!

Message Edited by imafatmess on 05-19-2009 02:56 PM

@imafatmess wrote:

Thanks, helped loads. I looked at EasyTAG before but I never realised it did batch functions. I was playing around with bash and all that jazz trying to get it to work…

Anyway, thanks again, loads of help :slight_smile:

Oh, and why on earth does my fuze not play vorbis files with comment comments anyway?! Its completely nonsensical!!

Message Edited by imafatmess on 05-19-2009 02:56 PM

Yup, EasyTAG is good. I found it when I first got a Sansa player - I had to change all my MP3 tags to ID3v2.3 from a mixture of v1/v2.4. I was pretty angry until I found I could do the whole lot in one go!

As for why the player won’t work with the comment field set in Vorbis Comments, I guess you’d need to ask a Sandisk developer. Sanasafixis such a person, & sometimes drops by. Maybe he’ll pick it up. You’re not the only one to have had OGG problems recently.

hello dear we can use it now bing is the search engin and search bing rewards dashboard and take reward we can use other sites  shopping and enjoy