Voice Recording with Time Stamp?

I have a Sansa C250 that has voice recording capabilities, but it doesn’t put a time stamp on the recording file names.

I don’t think it even knows the date and time in the first place.

It sounds like the Clip+ uses a timestamp, but I prefer the “pack of gum” shape of the C250. (Though in all honesty I’ve never seen a Clip in person)

Is there a Sansa device in the “pack of gum” form factor that will tag my voice recordings with the date and time?

Thanks!

Ion

The only small Sansas with the date and time stamp are the e200, the Fuze, and the new Clip+.  I also like the “pack of gum” form factor of the little Sansa Express and c-series, as you do.

The Clip+ inherited the time stamp format, as it is a descendent of the Fuze.  The basic Clip uses a sequential numbering system for recordings.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

My fuze looked like it has random numbers put on the voice recordings at first but with a closer look it had the time and date as a title number

For my needs, I’m thinking this device would work well:

Smallest USB Memory Stick Digital Voice Recorder UltraDisk DVR10 2GB

It’s just a USB memory stick that also records voice and uses a timestamp.

I haven’t found them in the United States, so I may order it from the UK.

Very sneaky indeed!  I think I’ll use it with one of those combination fire helmet / rotating beacon / siren helmets, so this will function as a visual warning to all in meeting attendance that they are being surreptitiously recorded.

This way, when I pen a scatihing missive about the meeting, I can remind them that ample warning was given.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Haha…  I suppose I may have some fun at work with it, but I actually will be using it in conjunction with a gps receiver.

Using the time stamp I’ll know when I recorded a comment.

Then I can see where I was at the time, and know my comment applies to that location.

Like: “There’s another trail to the left here, but I’m going straight.”

If you need an attendance recording system I recommend using http://www.ghg.com I use them for my company for my employees and when we have festivals to keep track of people, supplies, etc.

the voice recording system data is extemely important issue foe me as i have a company who deal with group transportation services and when i record info on the fuze i need the time stamp.

from some reason i can get the time stamp and i was wondering how i can fix this.

@528daniel wrote:

the voice recording system data is extemely important issue foe me as i have a company who deal with group transportation services and when i record info on the fuze i need the time stamp.

from some reason i can get the time stamp and i was wondering how i can fix this.

What model player do you have? As mentioned earlier in this thread, “Sansas with the date and time stamp are the e200, the Fuze, and the new Clip+.”

If you have one of these, you’re all set. If not, there’s no way to add it automatically.