Voice Recorder Questions

Is there any way to adjust the recording level when using the Clip’s voice recorder? The other night I recorded a live concert and it turned out totally distorted and completely unlistenable. Granted, the music was loud, but if I had a way to adjust the recording level, I might have had something I could listen to.

Has anyone had any success recording a fairly loud live concert? Any tips for a successful recording?

I’ve had no problem recording normal speech. Yes, I realize it’s called a “voice” recorder, and not a “music” recorder. :slight_smile:

No way to adjust recording level.  Is just a voice recorder.  How was the concert?

>> No way to adjust recording level.  Is just a voice recorder.

As I suspected. I was just hoping I was missing something in the settings after using the Clip almost daily for over 7 months. :slight_smile:

>> How was the concert?

It was great. A Beatles cover band doing various songs from throughout their career in the first set, then a song by song covering of one of their albums in the second set. Great sound, and nice and loud – just the way God meant it to be played. :slight_smile: Thanks for asking.

Unfortunately I havent recorded anything from my clip… but it this help at all… Ive recorded with my Archos AV500 via Line-in with a Sony microphone that does not use any batteries sooo the recording would be really low… that said the loud concert came out Awsome in my player… I was next to a Loudspeaker and that did not distorted the sound…

Recordings at adpcm-wav format about 356 kbps.   Just Awsome

I know it ■■■■■ not to be able to record good concert with the clip… but on the other hand, my do-it-all AV500 does not have FM radio… so they both make the perfect companion for me…

Clip for workout, listening to radio, anytime i feel like going out light…

AV500 for viewing movies! and shows (built-in tv out), music on the car (with car mount), all my music library (over 20 gb), photos from work, ice-breaker pictures…

With the USB host on my av500 Im able to CHARGE my clip on the go… and in MSC mode I can tranfer songs from and to the player…

I also have a Sandisk Titanium 8 Gb flash drive for extra music/movies content to watch on my Archos AV500…

sorry for the Archos ad hehehe… I find both to be great as a team