Videos - someone pls help video4fuze error?

Got my Fuze a few weeks back off of Woot.  Thing didn’t come with a CD/DVD/instruction manual but until now that hasn’t been an issue.  I want to load videos onto the Fuze and got a 16gb card for it to hold some movies.  Enter problems:  I researched endlessly and finally found out about SMC and that it’s impossible to download off the internet and generally plagued with problems.  I downloaded video4fuze  0.4.1 and get these error messages when trying to convert a 5mb video: 

I get “AVI-Mux GUI has stopped working”  and then "An error has occured: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘c:\users\rob\appdata\local\temp\final.avi’

Any help (and PLEASE be specific) is appreciated!  One of the reasons I went with the Fuze is for drag and drop music adding without proprietary software requirements…however this video thing is driving me nuts!

you probably should post this in the video4fuze thread

@frustrated2009 wrote:

Got my Fuze a few weeks back off of Woot.  Thing didn’t come with a CD/DVD/instruction manual but until now that hasn’t been an issue.  I want to load videos onto the Fuze and got a 16gb card for it to hold some movies.  Enter problems:  I researched endlessly and finally found out about SMC and that it’s impossible to download off the internet and generally plagued with problems.  I downloaded video4fuze  0.4.1 and get these error messages when trying to convert a 5mb video: 

I get “AVI-Mux GUI has stopped working”  and then "An error has occured: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘c:\users\rob\appdata\local\temp\final.avi’

Any help (and PLEASE be specific) is appreciated!  One of the reasons I went with the Fuze is for drag and drop music adding without proprietary software requirements…however this video thing is driving me nuts!

Are you running on Windows Vista? There is a know issue with AVI-Mux GUI (part of video4fuze) on Vista: “AVI-Mux GUI 1.17.8 only works with the compatibility mode being enabled” (from the website). And it has been mentioned in the appropriate thread.  :wink:

Are you running on Windows Vista? There is a know issue with AVI-Mux GUI (part of video4fuze) on Vista: “AVI-Mux GUI 1.17.8 only works with the compatibility mode being enabled” (from the website). And it has been mentioned in the appropriate thread.  :wink:

Yes - I’m running Vista, I went to the link; it’s written 1000x my computer knowledge.  I guess I really MUST read the 16 page video for Fuze since there is no way to provide simple and straight forward answers. 

I’ve read a lot of threads on this forum, and the people/moderators are quite the communists with “appropriate thread” or “already posted”.  I guess it’s a great way to boost egos.  I think I’m going to do that in my profession when I get home and see how that goes…“yes - someone broke into your house and they’re in your kids room?  Conveniently I’ve already written a paper on this; I’d like to take a few moments to read you my thesis on homeowners and self defense in modern society which I got an A on.  You should read it then we’ll discuss your mistakes - but for the sake of timeliness since you’re kids are in danger; I’m only going to read you the first 75 pages; then we’ll talk a concept of response”.  Then I’ll read the 16 pages of responses to video for fuze - yes - that’d make my ego feel SO much bigger…

Do remember that video4fuze is an unofficial software, made by one programmer working for free. It’s not from big corporate SanDisk, which still hasn’t come up with something that works as well. 

But it’s true that deep computer geeks don’t always translate for us fellow humans. 

The problem is that AVIMux, a program video4Fuze uses, isn’t recognized by Vista unless Vista is told to treat it like a Windows XP program. 

To translate from computerese:  Search your computer for AVIMux_GUI.exe, which is probably somewhere near video4fuze.  Right-click on it, go to Properties, look for the Compatibility tab, check the box for Compatibility mode and choose Windows XP in the box. Then try Video4Fuze again.

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 12-02-2009 09:16 PM

BR, thank you for providing a simple step-by-step solution on the problem. I’m simply not able to do this as I’m not running any windows computers. Never used video4fuze either. Therefore my post was a pure guess and the intention was to point the OP to the thread where he could search for an answer or additional hints.

You can understand his frustrations. The poor guy is on dialup–not to mention being in a combat zone. Hope he’s still reading, and that this helps.

Sure, I can! I wouldn’t like to take his place …

Getting video4fuze error    “An error has ocurred: [error 2] The system cannot find the file specified.”

I am running Vista. I found the AVIMux_GUI.exe file and checked run in compatibility mode for XP.

I greatly appreciate your simple straight forward response previously. I do not speak computer programing talk.

A former co-worker once taught me, “Just ask, what buttons to I push?” Those are the types of instructions that are helpful to me.

I greatly appreciate any help you can offer.

Hi

I downloaded AVI-Mux_GUI-1.17.7, file  as I have windows vista. I checked the box for Compatibility mode and choose Windows XP in the box as you suggested.

I put this file in  ‘Program Files’ which also contains Video4fuze.

I then tried Video4Fuze again but still came up with an error message

AVI-MUX GUI HAS STOPPED WORKING

And then this message

[ermo2] no such file directory

Any idea what I am doing wrong

Thanks

Tom

PS I found an existing file ‘AVIMux_GUI.exe.manifest’ associated with video4fuze. When I right click Properties there is no compatibility tab - only General, Security and Details

Message Edited by donegalcharm on 01-15-2010 04:58 AM

Hi Black-Rectangle

You have been a life saver. I have just got a video to work on my Fuze

I was able to go into  Video4Fuze Compatibility tab, check the box for Compatibility mode and choose Windows XP in the box.

And thats it. I spent days on downloding  different converter software and couldnt get the desired result. Now I can delete them all!!!

Having experts like you around to help is really a blessing and I appreciate it.

PS I don’t want to be too fusy but I noticed that the picture isn’t full frame and the sound is slightly out of synch.  Any  advice here?

Thanks

Tom

Message Edited by donegalcharm on 01-15-2010 11:55 AM