Video4Fuze v0.5 language track issue

I tried using this product but for some reason I can not figure out how to get the sound track to play in english.  IT is defaulting to Spanish(I think) or maybe french.  I do not understand the code for Mencoder so I am sure that it us something to do with that.  Here is the code that I am using for each pass

Pass 1

C:\Program Files\video4fuze\mencoder.exe -ffourcc DX50 -ofps 20 -vf pp=li,expand=:::::224/176,scale=224:176,harddup -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=683:vmax_b_frames=0:keyint=15:turbo:vpass=1 -srate 44100 -af resample=44100:0:1,format=s16le -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128

Pass 2

C:\Program Files\video4fuze\mencoder.exe -ffourcc DX50 -ofps 20 -vf pp=li,expand=:::::224/176,scale=224:176,harddup -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=683:vmax_b_frames=0:keyint=15:vpass=2 -srate 44100 -af resample=44100:0:1,format=s16le -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128

Can somebody please help me change the language track?

By default, mencoder uses the first audio track of the input file; if there are several audio tracks it may not be the one you want.

You can try adding the option  -alang en  to both passes.

If this doesn’t work, you have to add -aid (ID), where (ID) is the audio ID of the track you want. What ID you need to set depends on the input format. For some formats the IDs are counted starting from 0 or 1, so you would have to use  -aid 1  or  -aid 2  to get the second audio track. For DVD video (VOB files) they start at 128, so you have to use  -aid 129  for the second audio track.

(btw, if you don’t want to wait for the whole lengthy video to be encoded just to see if you have found the correct audio track, you can use the -ss and -endpos options to convert only a small part of the video, for example  -ss 120 -endpos 20  to seek 120 seconds into the video and then encode 20 seconds only) 

Tried the flags above but none of them work.  The audio is still in spanish no matter what I do.  Could it be that the iso file I am trying to convert them from only had the spanish language track?  I used DVDShrink to get the ISo file.

Try this:

mencoder -v input_file -o nul | grep -E “Found audio stream|aid”

This is for the Windows console, so bash will be a little different. Change as needed.

I know mencoder’s output patterns. I’m just trying to figure grep (or sed) to pass the correct characters to my script’s variables. Any grep/sed guys here?

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:09 PM

In either case when I send the cmd I get  the following

<i> No audio encoder (-oac) selected. Select one (see -oac help) or use -nosound</i>

Does that mean I only have one audio track?

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:09 PM

Thanks for all of the help.  I did a bit more research on DVD shrink and sure enough there was an audio option that I didn’t realize. It defaulted to having all languages checked.  Mencoder would grab the last language track to copy and that was never english.  It explains why sometimes it would be in Spanish and sometimes French as it depends on the languages available on the DVD.  If I select only the english track it works perfectly.