Video Converter Solution

Hey Guys,

I may have found a solution to the video comverter problem. I found a free video converter that will convert most video formats for free and including .flv and .mp4.  The software is called prism video converter from NCH software:  http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/plus.html. There is a free and paid version but the free one does a great job.

Heres what i did:

converted my 2 videos with the prism converter to  .avi leaving all settings the same and then used the SMC v.4.256 and converted my videos to my 4gb fuze and it works perfect.

I suggest you try it out for yourself and see if it works for you.

Some more specs about my pc:

Windows XP Pro Sp3

Klite Codec Pack Mega 4.31

Do you experience any audio-out-of-sync issues with using this converter prior to using the SMC? There are a number of other applications, both free & paid that will also convert to a format that can be handled by SMC, but many people don’t care for the stereotypical Japanese sci-fi flicks of the 60’s where the sudio is out of sync with the video.

Ideally though, one shouldn’t have to convert twice to get something that will play decently on the Fuze. :smiley:

Do you experience any audio-out-of-sync issues with using this converter prior to using the SMC? There are a number of other applications, both free & paid that will also convert to a format that can be handled by SMC, but many people don’t care for the “stereotypical Japanese sci-fi flicks of the 60’s” syndrome where the audio is out of sync with the video. Godzilla, anyone? :smileyvery-happy:

Ideally though, one shouldn’t have to convert twice to get something that will play decently on the Fuze

No i have no audio synch issues even on a 59min video. It works and no problems here so far.

I’m using a Aimersoft WMV converter and converting the movies to .mp4 video and .mp3 audio,

but when I load it in the SMC and convert it I get no sound??

How do the codecs work? Do you just download them? What do you do with them after you download them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, we bought these for Christmas and are thinking of returning them tomorrow!

Thanks,