Video Converter problems......

I have a 8gig Sansa Fuze, the converter software works great with Windows XP but will not work with Vista.  I have installed the newest ver of the converter.

This is the message I get when I open a video to convert.

The Instruction at 0x3100af54 referenced memory at 0x00000000.  The memory could not be read.

Can you please help me fix this

Thanks

Uninstall it Delete the install file, redownload it and reinstall. Are you running 32 or 64 bit Vista?

Same error message.  I uninstalled it, deleted it, and download a new copy. 

I’m running 32 bit Vista

It has to be your connection to your computer or your SMC. I just connected and transferred no problem. Make sure your connected to the computer properly, by going to “My Computer” and opeining the player like a flash drive, if that works it has to be SMC.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 03-14-2009 11:22 PM

it works fine when I run it from Windows 98… Just no Vista.  Windows 98 and Vista are NOT installed on the same drive…  Thanks for the help

Windows 98? I thought you said XP?

It has to be your connection to your computer or your SMC. I just connected and transferred no problem. Make sure your connected to the computer properly, by going to “My Computer” and opeining the player like a flash drive, if that works it has to be SMC.

my bad… yes it’s xp and Vista.  Everything works fine but video conversion in Vista

Still not working, can anybody else help me solve my video problem?

Try Rhapsody. Dont sign up for anything. It will do video conversion.

Thanks, but that doesn’t do it either…  Any other suggestions?

@gotbugs wrote:
Thanks, but that doesn’t do it either…  Any other suggestions?

64 bit Vista? I have heard of problems with the 64 bit. If you are running ultimate you can change it to 32 bit but other than that you may just need to use the XP computer. I dont know but maybe you need to check the Sansa media converter thread. I know the folks down there have posted tons of work arounds.

Rhapsody doesn’t help either…  any other thoughts