Video causes lock-up

I’ve got a brand new 8GB Fuze with firmware V02.02.26A.  I’m having issues with video that cause the unit to lockup.  It requires a soft-reset to turn the unit off, and after powering back up I can’t do anything - including play music.  The only “fix” is to connect to my pc, power up, and delete the video file.  The videos were encoded to 1100KB bit rate (not VBR) then loaded to the Fuze via the Sansa Media Converter (without any issues).  It seems like the problem is if you’re watching a video and press pause, then the unit powers down due to inactivity.  Regardless, if you’re away from your pc when this happens it renders the unit useless.  Please help!

Thanks!

I would format the device (making sure I have backup copies of whats inside) then reload all of them back. Does it happen on other videos as well?

@collinsds wrote:

It seems like the problem is if you’re watching a video and press pause, then the unit powers down due to inactivity.  Regardless, if you’re away from your pc when this happens it renders the unit useless.  Please help!

Thanks!

It does power off if left inactive while on pause. Thats normal :wink: