Very frustrating

One function I find very hard to do, is the one I need to do most often. That is to pick a tune, by name of tune, and play it.

I have loaded 3400 tunes on to the device. Is there no way to pick a tune other than through a predfined list or by searching alphabetically?

If you’re asking if there’s a search feature where you can enter the song’s name and have the player go directly to that song and play it, then no, there is not. 

If you know what songs you pick often, then you can add them to the Go List and that will make searching through a list shorter depending on how many you put into the Go List.  If I recall correctly, the Go List can hold 200 songs.

Only if you can develop a talent like the Great Carnac

:smileyvery-happy:

@jeffd wrote:

One function I find very hard to do, is the one I need to do most often. That is to pick a tune, by name of tune, and play it.

I have loaded 3400 tunes on to the device. Is there no way to pick a tune other than through a predfined list or by searching alphabetically?

Well, if you know the name of the artist, then you can browse a list of just those songs…and if you know the name of the album it is on, then you can select from an even smaller list.

I don’t own one, but only Sandisk’s newest player, the Ciip Zip, has a search feature.  It allows a user to search by the first letter of the song, as far as I know.  And it ignores the beginning “The” in a song, and, I believe, also does not display the “The”.   (I feel like I’m stuttering  lol)