Very Disappointed

The Jam is properly named as it has jambed my ability to enjoy audio content.

It’s total mess with Audio Books but that’s what it does best. My playlists for albums which were fine on my zip clip do not work.

If I add a play list, it jumbles the order. And that’s if it works at all! Try getting a 3 or 4 cd opera onto this thing—it scrambles the order making a total mess. Then, because the firmware is so lousy, it will not display an entire album name before going black—i.e., if you have the Beethoven symphonies on the device, tying to find and play a particular one is impossible as it will scroll Beethoven - Complete Symphonies Sym…  And if the symphony is over 2 cds, forget it.

I bought three of these anticipating new and improved and my Zip Clips were wearing out—That’s money wasted. I’ve spent hours trying to find work arounds but these are just junk from China on par with the cheap junk on Amazon.

1 of the 3 already failed and was returned. The other two remain boxed because they are pretty useless.

This product is so bad it should be recalled and refunded. It reflects very poorly on SanDisk.

Is anyone loving this thing?

Chris Reich

@teachu wrote:

The Jam is properly named as it has jambed my ability to enjoy audio content.

:laughing:

@teachu wrote:

1 of the 3 already failed and was returned. The other two remain boxed because they are pretty useless.

If you are unhappy with the product and/or it doesn’t fit your needs, why can’t you return the unopened ones to where you bought them from for either a refund or a different product? :confounded:

Because I kept them too long thinking SanDisk would improve them at least to a point of being a workable item.

I still have hope that a firmware update might help. I love SanDisk but the Jam is an embarrassment.

Sorry, but pretty much plan on this being it (although there could be some smaller adjustments).  Hardware limitations (a newer chip, somewhat crippled in my mind, especially when compared to earlier Clip chips), among other things . . . .

I had read that too about the hardware limitations. Horrible play to put this POS on the market.

They could at least get it to recognize titles that are longer so it could sort 3 part albums. It won’t take a standard play list from WMP either. In all, a huge disappointment.

I’ve not seen a technology product go backwards before…this is a huge leap back.

It’s so bad, I may cancel my Audible Account if I can’t get a decent, outside use MP3 player

I went online to purchase another Sansa Clip (this would be my 5th) because the “clip” came off. The Jam was totally uselss. It is flimsy, and with the button being thin I could go forwards and backwards but the scroll up and scroll down didn’t work.  I was going to replace it with another, but looking here I can see that there is no point to doing so. I will let Amazon know that I don’t want to replace it … I want a refund and will either pay twice the price to get a discontinued Sansa or see what other companies have to offer.  I have been a loyal customer of SanDisk, but if they are going to discontinue a good product with a cheap crappy one, I may have to rethink my loyalty.

Karen L.

At least part of the unfortunate explanation:  the maker of the microprocessor used in the Clip/Clip+/Clip Zip discontinued the chip . . . .     :frowning: