VBR MP3s

Hi folks - new Sansa Connect owner here with a question for you. Just acquired a Sansa Connect and am getting it set up. I have connected wirelessly and downloaded the latest firmware OK.

Problem I am having is that having copied across some MP3s they are skipping on playback. I noticed that they are VBRs - should the connect play back these OK?

Thanks

RAP

VBR encoded MP3s are relatively new and may not play on all MP3 devices, however, I have a few VBR encoded .mp3 files from itunes which play on my Sansa Connect without skipping…  I’m also running the latest firmware.  The difference may be the method of VBR encoding.  What is the source of your MP3 files which are skipping? 

-ML

I can’t really remember - I think I’ll just re-rip the ones causing me problems and keep an eye out for any more that do the same thing.

(Perhaps there is a utility that I could use to check?)

Cheers

RAP

RAPepper,

If you initially ripped your “problem” files (the VBR encoded MP3s that keep skipping), using the same ripping application that you intend to use, the problem may return.  Usually the ripping application will allow you to disable VBR encoding.  What ripping software do you use?

-ML

Thanks for the advice - I’ve ripped them constant rate now.

Official response from Sansa support is that VBRs are not supported (although “some might play OK” ) which I think is pretty lame. If I had known I probably wouldn’t have brought it:(

Cheers

RAP

Message Edited by RAPepper on 11-29-2007 10:57 PM