[v0.6] video4fuze

I was able to use this just fine before the upgrade.  I even uninstalled and started over.  Now, I get all sorts of errors and warnings. 

error in mencoder:

can’t open files

device inaccessible

warning mv not available

cannot load default config

I also get a pop-up error message that says there is an error in the mencoder and documents and settings.  It’s rather long and I couldn’t copy/paste it.

I’m not computer savvy, but I was able to get this to work beautifully last month.  I’m now a bit stuck and don’t understand all of the techy talk.  Please explain what I’m doing wrong, or if I missed something.

Mmm strange. Have you tested the portable version? (the download which is for windows but isn’t a installer: it’s an archive containing video4fuze, and you can extract it whereever you want and run video4fuze from there, whithout installing)

If it doesn’t work, erase  your video4fuze configuration file. Where it is? well, it depends on your OS… “$HOME/.config/ssorgatem productions/video4fuze.ini” in decent OSes, otherwise it’s somewhere under C:/Users/yourusername/Appdata or C:/Documents and settings/yourusername/ [google for the folder where application configuration is saved in your OS]

Read thru several threads and didn’t see, or missed, any info about video4fuze and how it works on Win 7, 64 bit machines.

Anyone care to comment on this?

Also, can it run in batch mode?  by this I mean convert the input video file to an output video file which I can copy to the Fuze later using Windows Explorer. The video formats I’m interested in converting are WMV, AVI, FLV, and MP4.   These are supported by the native Win 7 Home Premium using WMP.

Also, I’m assuming that the video4fuze download is GUI and contains everything needed on my Win 7, 64 bit machine.  Is this correct?

mikeinkaty wrote:

Read thru several threads and didn’t see, or missed, any info about video4fuze and how it works on Win 7, 64 bit machines.

 

Also, can it run in batch mode?

Musta missed it. 1st post in this thread:

Features

 

* .pla playlist creation and edition for MSC mode! ATM it’s a basic implementantion, but I might polish it a bit. These playlists can have files from both the internal memory and the µSD. Thanks to Dunny for providing me with all the information I needed about the .pla/.pla.refs file format :wink:

 

Video batch conversion capability, with advanced customizable options, and video thumbnail generation (.thm file) and huge input format support*

 

* Image batch conversion & resizing, in order to be displayable and fit the fuze’s screen size, with huge input format support

 

* Fully translated into 3 languages (english, spanish, catalan). If you would like your language supported, read the end of the post

 

* Crossplatform: works on all major platforms, taking native look and feel ( I don’t have a mac, so it’s not tested on macosx, but it should work. Also, it won’t take macosx’s look and feel if you use qt4-x11(fink, darwinports) instead of qt4-mac)

@mikeinkaty wrote:

Read thru several threads and didn’t see, or missed, any info about video4fuze and how it works on Win 7, 64 bit machines.

 

Anyone care to comment on this?

 

Also, can it run in batch mode?  by this I mean convert the input video file to an output video file which I can copy to the Fuze later using Windows Explorer. The video formats I’m interested in converting are WMV, AVI, FLV, and MP4.   These are supported by the native Win 7 Home Premium using WMP.

 

Also, I’m assuming that the video4fuze download is GUI and contains everything needed on my Win 7, 64 bit machine.  Is this correct?

All those formats are supported (provided they are DRM-free).

Yes, if you download the installer or the portable archive, you’ll have all you need to run it. It’s compiled to 32-bit though, so it’ll run under WoW64 in win64 systems, meaning you won’t get all the performance you could from your machine (but if you’re using windows that means performance isn’t something you care much about, anyways).

Thanks SS.  I installed it and it went on fine.  Ran it and it created the new file in avi format.  Took me a while to figure out where the program put it though.  Haven’t yet moved the file to the Fuze.  The mp4 input file was 9 meg and the output avi file was 13 meg.  I thought that was strange considering the much lower resolution of the created file.

Mike

@mikeinkaty wrote:

Thanks SS.  I installed it and it went on fine.  Ran it and it created the new file in avi format.  Took me a while to figure out where the program put it though.  Haven’t yet moved the file to the Fuze.  The mp4 input file was 9 meg and the output avi file was 13 meg.  I thought that was strange considering the much lower resolution of the created file.

 

Mike

Yeah, the video format the fuze accepts is pretty crappy…

You can set the output folder to whatever you want (with the button “Output folder”)

I keep getting these messages when I try to convert a movie. I am using Windows 7 starter on a Asus Eee netbook.

[Window Title]

MEncoder

[Main Instruction]

MEncoder has stopped working

[Content]

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

[Close program]



Error


An error has ocurred: Command ‘[u’mencoder’, u’-msglevel’, u’all=0:statusline=5’, u’-ofps’, u’20’, u’-ovc’, u’lavc’, u’-lavcopts’, u’vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=3:keyint=15’, u’-vf’, u’field,expand=:::::224/176,scale=224:176,harddup’, u’-srate’, u’44100’, u’-af’, u’resample=44100:0:1,format=s16le’, u’-oac’, u’mp3lame’, u’-lameopts’, u’cbr:br=128’, ‘F:\\video\\The\_Proposal\_PORT\_EN.wmv’, ‘-o’, ‘c:\\users\\tds\\appdata\\local\\temp\\The\_Proposal\_PORT\_EN.temp.avi’]’ returned non-zero exit status 255


OK   


Gees, I’m blind as a bat!  That button was right there staring me in the face!

@coachtds wrote:

I keep getting these messages when I try to convert a movie. I am using Windows 7 starter on a Asus Eee netbook.

 

[Window Title]

MEncoder

[Main Instruction]

MEncoder has stopped working

[Content]

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

[Close program]

 


Error


An error has ocurred: Command ‘[u’mencoder’, u’-msglevel’, u’all=0:statusline=5’, u’-ofps’, u’20’, u’-ovc’, u’lavc’, u’-lavcopts’, u’vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=3:keyint=15’, u’-vf’, u’field,expand=:::::224/176,scale=224:176,harddup’, u’-srate’, u’44100’, u’-af’, u’resample=44100:0:1,format=s16le’, u’-oac’, u’mp3lame’, u’-lameopts’, u’cbr:br=128’, ‘F:\\video\\The\_Proposal\_PORT\_EN.wmv’, ‘-o’, ‘c:\\users\\tds\\appdata\\local\\temp\\The\_Proposal\_PORT\_EN.temp.avi’]’ returned non-zero exit status 255


OK   


I see you’re trying to convert a wmv file. Is it DRM-protected?

It is possible that it is DRM-protected (I’m not sure what that means). It is a digital copy. 

@coachtds wrote:
It is possible that it is DRM-protected (I’m not sure what that means). It is a digital copy. 

I didn’t hope it to be an analog copy :slight_smile:

Saying it’s adigital copy, are you meaning you ripped it yourself? If you used Windows media player it may have DRM activated by default.

What’s DRM?

It came from a disc specifically to install the digital copy. It came with the purchase of the movie dvd, with an activation code for windows media player, but the fuze won’t play the file.

@coachtds wrote:
It came from a disc specifically to install the digital copy. It came with the purchase of the movie dvd, with an activation code for windows media player, but the fuze won’t play the file.

Then it’s probably DRM-protected. If you want to convert it tobe able to play it on your fuze, you’ll have to get rid of the DRM. Getting back your freedom to do whatever you want with your files is illegal in some countries, like the US, so check your local laws in order to see if you’re allowed to do so.

Hello, Just wanted to say great job to everyone for making video4fuze.  I have a toughbook running win2k and have spent quite a bit of time using this forum and all the information I have gathered here and several other sites (but mainly this one) trying to convert videos for my fuze.  I am no programmer. I spent my time in school and beyond learning lefty loosey right tighty and getting my hands dirty, so needless to say I have given up trying to get anything to work on win2k (even the 3rd party stuff hasn’t worked). That being said…I borrowed my brothers laptop and installed video4fuze on it. Can I say WOW! converted 3 full length movies and several vids from youtube in no time.  It’s performance has almost made me willing to upgrade to a new os. Almost (still too comfortable with what I got to give it up). Now I’m off to collect more movies and download more vids…my brother may have to start charging me to use this thing…

Thanks again.

@tinman777 wrote:

Hello, Just wanted to say great job to everyone for making video4fuze.  I have a toughbook running win2k and have spent quite a bit of time using this forum and all the information I have gathered here and several other sites (but mainly this one) trying to convert videos for my fuze.  I am no programmer. I spent my time in school and beyond learning lefty loosey right tighty and getting my hands dirty, so needless to say I have given up trying to get anything to work on win2k (even the 3rd party stuff hasn’t worked). That being said…I borrowed my brothers laptop and installed video4fuze on it. Can I say WOW! converted 3 full length movies and several vids from youtube in no time.  It’s performance has almost made me willing to upgrade to a new os. Almost (still too comfortable with what I got to give it up). Now I’m off to collect more movies and download more vids…my brother may have to start charging me to use this thing…

 

Thanks again.

You can always try ubuntu on your computer (it’s free). You don’t even need to uninstall win2k, you can have both installed in the same computer, use win2k for whatever you can still use it for, and ubuntu for things you can’t do with win2k.

You can even run you win2k installation from ubuntu… but that’s a more advanced topic.

I installed video4fuze using the video4fuze-0.6_installer.exe, but the following occurs when I try to convert a video file (on Windows XP SP 2):

Command prompt window pops up that shows:

C:\Program Files\video4fuze\mencoder.exe  
  
MEncoder Sherpya-SVN-r30521 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team  
3DNow supported but disabled  
3DNowExt supported but disabled

then an error window:

mencoder.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  
Debug-Send Error Report - Don't Send

 And finally, when I click ‘Don’t Send’, the following error windows pops up:

An error has ocurred: Command'[u'mencoder', u'-msglevel', u'all=0:statusline=5', u'ofps', u'20', u'-ovc', u'lavc', u'-lavcopts', u'vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=3:keyint=15', u'-vf', u'field,expand=:::::224/176,scale=224:176,harddup', u'-srate', u'44100', u'-af', u'resample=44100:0:1,format=s16le', u'-oac', u'mp3lame', u'-lameopts', u'cbr:br=128', 'C:\\001\\fh2.avi','-o', 'c:\\docume~1\\default\\locals~1\\temp\\fh2.temp.avi']'returned non-zero exit status -1073741795

Message Edited by Gononda on 07-11-2010 02:22 AM

I installed video4fuze using the video4fuze-0.6_installer.exe, but the following occurs when I try to convert a video file (on Windows XP SP 2):

Command prompt window pops up that shows:

C:\Program Files\video4fuze\mencoder.exe  
  
MEncoder Sherpya-SVN-r30521 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team  
3DNow supported but disabled  
3DNowExt supported but disabled

then an error window:

mencoder.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  
Debug-Send Error Report - Don't Send

 And finally, when I click ‘Don’t Send’, the following error windows pops up:

An error has ocurred: Command'[u'mencoder', u'-msglevel', u'all=0:statusline=5', u'ofps', u'20', u'-ovc', u'lavc', u'-lavcopts', u'vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=3:keyint=15', u'-vf', u'field,expand=:::::224/176,scale=224:176,harddup', u'-srate', u'44100', u'-af', u'resample=44100:0:1,format=s16le', u'-oac', u'mp3lame', u'-lameopts', u'cbr:br=128', 'C:\\001\\fh2.avi','-o', 'c:\\docume~1\\default\\locals~1\\temp\\fh2.temp.avi']'returned non-zero exit status -1073741795

Message Edited by Gononda on 07-11-2010 02:22 AM

I installed video4fuze using the video4fuze-0.6_installer.exe, but the following occurs when I try to convert a video file (on Windows XP SP 2):

Command prompt window pops up that shows:

C:\Program Files\video4fuze\mencoder.exe  
  
MEncoder Sherpya-SVN-r30521 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team  
3DNow supported but disabled  
3DNowExt supported but disabled

then an error window:

mencoder.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  
Debug-Send Error Report - Don't Send

 And finally, when I click ‘Don’t Send’, the following error windows pops up:

An error has ocurred: Command'[u'mencoder', u'-msglevel', u'all=0:statusline=5', u'ofps', u'20', u'-ovc', u'lavc', u'-lavcopts', u'vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=3:keyint=15', u'-vf', u'field,expand=:::::224/176,scale=224:176,harddup', u'-srate', u'44100', u'-af', u'resample=44100:0:1,format=s16le', u'-oac', u'mp3lame', u'-lameopts', u'cbr:br=128', 'C:\\001\\fh2.avi','-o', 'c:\\docume~1\\default\\locals~1\\temp\\fh2.temp.avi']'returned non-zero exit status -1073741795

Gononda wrote:

I installed video4fuze using the video4fuze-0.6_installer.exe, but the following occurs when I try to convert a video file (on Windows XP SP 2):

Command prompt window pops up that shows:

 

C:\Program Files\video4fuze\mencoder.exe

MEncoder Sherpya-SVN-r30521 © 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
3DNow supported but disabled
3DNowExt supported but disabled

 

then an error window:

 

 

mencoder.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
Debug-Send Error Report - Don’t Send

 

 And finally, when I click ‘Don’t Send’, the following error windows pops up:

An error has ocurred: Command’[u’mencoder’, u’-msglevel’, u’all=0:statusline=5’, u’ofps’, u’20’, u’-ovc’, u’lavc’, u’-lavcopts’, u’vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=3:keyint=15’, u’-vf’, u’field,expand=:::::224/176,scale=224:176,harddup’, u’-srate’, u’44100’, u’-af’, u’resample=44100:0:1,format=s16le’, u’-oac’, u’mp3lame’, u’-lameopts’, u’cbr:br=128’, ‘C:\\001\\fh2.avi’,’-o’, ‘c:\\docume~1\\default\\locals~1\\temp\\fh2.temp.avi’]'returned non-zero exit status -1073741795

 

mencoder isn’t working for you… that’s strange. Try reinstalling video4fuze, and it that still doesn’t work, try to replace the mencoder.exe file under Program files/video4fuze with a different one (google for one).