Utility Software to deal wityh ID tags??

Anyone know of any good utility freeware software for mass editing of id tags etc. I have gobs of old time radio shows that are a real mess when it comes to tags that I need to convert.

MP3Tag, Internet freeware, works well for this.  Also, The Godfather (which can be a tad confusing at times, but which is very robust)–also freeware.

Try MP3Tag. Make sure you set it to write the tags in ID3v2.3 ISO 8859-1 format, the preferred format for Sansas.

Thanks, See I have many audiobooks and OLD Time Radio Plays that are variably tagged and I needed something that would do the job en masse, rather than one file at a time. For instance, most don’t even have the ‘genre’ filled in as “audiobook”.  Further many are flat wrong. As in Genre being set as “Mystery”, “Novel”, etc.

Both MP3Tag and The Godfather will allow you to edit the ID3 tags en masse.  It’s been awhile since I’ve used The Godfather, but if I recall correctly, it also will allow you to retag using variables. 

@miikerman wrote:

Both MP3Tag and The Godfather will allow you to edit the ID3 tags en masse.  It’s been awhile since I’ve used The Godfather, but if I recall correctly, it also will allow you to retag using variables. 

The Godfather? :dizzy_face: