Using Sansa Clip internationally

Hi all,

I have a 2GB Sansa Clip, and will be traveling to Europe. I am wondering if my clip is compatible with use abroad. From what I understand, the voltage in the states is 110, and in Europe can be as high as 220. So, I need a clip that will tolerate that range, so that I don’t fry it while recharging. I will be recharging through the computer, but I still think the voltage will be higher going to the clip. I checked the owner’s manual, and don’t see this information. Does anyone know?? I know this range is common for computers and digital cameras, but not sure about this. Thanks for your help.

sidewinder

this is what i think: 

if the charger says 110/220 you can use it in sockets for both (with an adapter to change the prongs)

if you’re charging it through the computer, the same power will be supplied through the USB ports regardless of the power outlet. 

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I do have the plug adapters for the outlets. That does make sense about the same power coming through the USB ports. That is the way I will be charging it, so sounds like it will work. Thanks for being very fast.

sidewinder

From what I’m seeing nowadays, many of the charges out there will work for both the U.S. and outside the U.S.  Nice to have that built in, without needing a voltage converter.

An example:  the Macally AC adapter for Sansa players (SN-A411), discussed elsewhere here.

From what I’m seeing nowadays, many of the charges out there will work voltage-wise for both the U.S. and outside the U.S.  Nice to have that built in, without needing a voltage converter (a plug adapter still would be needed).

An example:  the Macally AC adapter for Sansa players (SN-A411), discussed elsewhere here.

For an auto-switching adapter, all you need is the AC plug pin adapter.  I’ll look into that once I get home!

Bob   :smiley: