using a SD m2 card in a prototype project, interfacing the flashcard and the microcontroller

We are a few friends building a robot, and we are going to need more memory than is available in the microcontroller.

so we thought it would be smart to use a external flash memory, which can then also be moved to a computer to upload test data.

I happen to have a spare Sandisk m2 2GB flash memory, but we’ve faced problem on finding developer information such as the communication protocol, what pins to use and such.

we have been searching a lot for datasheets for this but’ve come up short.

is there a way of getting my hands on this information without paying crazy prototype fees like the 1000$ the http://www.sdcard.org/developers/howto/ mention for specifications on the cards for companies in their R&D phase?

FYI we are using an Atmel Xmega 1281A

we are going to feed the flash card with 3.3V, so the 1.8V mode it NOT used

unfortunately no

Hi

If you want I send all my source files to you about doing SPI-communcation with a micro-sd card, I implement  additional retry mechanisme and so on.

Also if you haven´t and goes design your schematic provide a additional power off/on fet for the micro-sd.

Somethings the Sandisk is hanging and only a power off/on give a solution to get back in communication with de micro-sd

micro-sd cards from Samsung or other manufactors does have such problems in SPI-mode.

Reg pmoonen.  

pm23@mail.com