using a mac for sansa clip +

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. I am using a mac powerbook g4 to load songs onto my clip+.  I changed the song format to MP3. My clip+ recognizes the songs I load but for some reason it adds a second copy of the each song that is a fraction of a second long. No matter what I try I can’t get it to load without those blasted second copies. 

theJman wrote:
If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. I am using a mac powerbook g4 to load songs onto my clip+.  I changed the song format to MP3. My clip+ recognizes the songs I load but for some reason it adds a second copy of the each song that is a fraction of a second long. No matter what I try I can’t get it to load without those blasted second copies. 

Does a ._  come before the second copy? If so thats a product of finder. Make sure your player is in MSC Mode and then drag them while pressing the option/alt button to the player. See if you still get second copies.  If you still do then Im not sure what to tell ya I dont remember what I did on my Macbook to stop it. What I had done before was connect to a PC and just delete those files.

Hi Sansa Guru, I appreciate you answering my question. Your right on with the ._ before the second copy. I just tried using your method ,but unfortunately it didn’t work for me.  i tried pressing the alt button first, second, holding it in the whole time and letting it go immediately. If you remember anything else I love to try it.  Thanks again

I found a way around the ._ second copy.  It was was another thread for the clip.  There is a program for mac called kopymac that you can download for free from www.macupdate.com.  This solves the problem completely.  Thanks for the help.

KopyMac no longer available at macupdate.  

Anywhere else I can get this download?  Help!

Ah, isn’t that a pain? But, another software product for the same purpose: Hidden Cleaner–and gets good reviews.http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/27416/hidden-cleaner

I use “Hidden Cleaner” on my Mac and I have no problem with these hidden files. You can still find “Kopymac” on some some download sites if you search for it but I had occasional problems with it and prefer “Hidden Cleaner”.

Thank you for the recommendation to use Hidden Cleaner, but I’m still running Mac OS X 10.4, and Hidden Cleaner requires 10.6.

So I’m still looking or a reputable source for KopyMac, or similar.

thanks!

If/when you find a source for KopyMac, would you please post it here? There MUST be an archive for it around somewhere . . . .

I know that Hidden Cleaner says OS 10.5 and above but it actually works perfectly on my Mac which is running OS10.4.2. The version I have is Hidden Cleaner 2.1.

Thanks again, Milkerman and Jon_B.  I loaded Hidden Cleaner 2.1 and it seems to work on OS X 10.4.11.

I don’t see any of those duplicate music files!  Hurray!