Used space doesn't add up

I’ve had a 4 GB unit for a couple of years and loved it.  Just purchased an 8 GB one and having an issue.  When I add up the file space on what I’ve loaded it adds up to just about 4.5 GB used.  But the unit is showing that I have used 6.57 GB out of 7.35 (I understand where the other .65 went so that is not my problem)  I have tried removing all of the audio books (which adds up to just about .5 GB) and it reduced it almost exactly so I put them back.  I don’t really want to remove the music as it took quite a while to put it on in the first place.

Thanks in advance.

Donna

What you could do is transfer your content to your computer (note:  if it’s all in the Music and Audiobooks folders, for example, just copy those folders to your computer–no need to do it file-by-file); reformat the Clip+ under its System Settings, which will erase all content on the unit; and then copy the folders back to your Clip+.  That should free up any not-understood space.

What you could do is transfer your content to your computer (note:  if it's all in the Music and Audiobooks folders, for example, just copy those folders to your computer--no need to do it file-by-file); reformat the Clip+ under its System Settings, which will erase all content on the unit; and then copy the folders back to your Clip+.  That should free up any not-understood space.  

I know that's not what you exactly want to do, but it should be easy and quick enough.

What you could do is transfer your Clip’s content from the player to your computer (note:  if it’s all in the Music and Audiobooks folders, for example, just copy those entire folders to your computer–no need to do it file-by-file); reformat the Clip under its Settings, which will erase all content on the unit; and then copy the folders back to your Clip.  That should free up any not-understood space.  

I know that’s not what you exactly want to do, but it should be easy and quick enough.

That is exactly what I decided to do after posing my message earlier today.  Whatever confusion my new Sansa was having was cleared up once I reformatted.  Thanks for the info.