USB Problem

I recently recieved a 2gb clip as a gift. I connected the clip to my computer and it instantly recognized it as a drive, but a few seconds later it disappears. Now everytime I reconnect the clip it gets stuck on writing and the usb chime keeps playing until the clip eventualy freezes. Every so often the clip is detected but like before it quickly stops.

I’m completely stuck I have WMP 11 and I cannot change the usb mode since there isn’t an option under settings.

PLz HELP :frowning:

Well, try to force a USB connection:  Clip in hold position, and then hold the center button down as you connect the Clip to your computer.  You then can download the latest firmware (sticky at the top of the forum) which has a Settings/USB option for MSC mode.  I hope this does it!

FOr starters, use the cable that came with it.  They should work with generic mini-USB cables, but in practice I’ve found they are senstive to  cables that have seen a lot of use.

@amor979 wrote:

I recently recieved a 2gb clip as a gift. I connected the clip to my computer and it instantly recognized it as a drive, but a few seconds later it disappears. Now everytime I reconnect the clip it gets stuck on writing and the usb chime keeps playing until the clip eventualy freezes. Every so often the clip is detected but like before it quickly stops.

I’m completely stuck I have WMP 11 and I cannot change the usb mode since there isn’t an option under settings.

PLz HELP :frowning:

That is a sure sign of a poor USB connection. USB Port, cable and cable ends are the likely suspects.