USB OR MTP MODES?

I am confused which setting does what?  I guess I also need to know what setting it should be set at normally.  This is an elegant little player.  Really like it.

Thanks, 

Gary

by default, it is in mtp (media transfer protocal). to use as a drive letter: engage the hold button and while pressing the center button, plug into pc.  it will load into msc (mass storage class)… the 2 modes have diff folders; you cant use things like mp3 gain to normalize songs volume while in mtp mode because there is no drive letter…

Also, I don’t think you can load subscription (DRM) music onto the player in MSC mode.

Well, you can copy the song file, but the licensing info won’t be loaded properly and you won’t be able to play the song.

PromisedPlanet wrote:

Also, I don’t think you can load subscription (DRM) music onto the player in MSC mode.

Well, you can copy the song file, but the licensing info won’t be loaded properly and you won’t be able to play the song.

yes to use DRM (subscription content) you will need to use MTP.

ppl talk about rhapsody etc… no way would i keep protected music… sound taxi and such converts paid for music to unrestricted …no more hassles.  they say output still sounds great.

amkoas wrote:
ppl talk about rhapsody etc… no way would i keep protected music… sound taxi and such converts paid for music to unrestricted …no more hassles.  they say output still sounds great.

Not sure I fully understand your post, but if you’re talking about the cost … there is also DRM music that you don’t pay for, it’s paid through advertising.  Like Spiralfrog (http://www.spiralfrog.com) … all you have to do is log into their website once per month to renew your licenses.  Unfortunately you can only sync to a portable device twice (I think), but that could become less restricted in the future.  LOTS of good music at that site.

short version:  drm is restricted and a hassle one way or another–as if its not yours to put on what / how you want… unrestricted plays on anything freely

That worked like a charm, thank you.

Thank you, amkoas