Usb -mtp-msc

I bought the c250, and it doesn’t have the USB mode selection installed. I have followed the instructions from support but they didn’t tell me how to add the installer files onto my mp3. I am not that great with the computer as it is. Why is this mp3 so complicated compared to the ones’ my kids’ have? they just plug in and drag music and then they’re done.Can someone please explain in simple English how to add the USB mode(MTC orMSC to the mp3)? Thank you.

have the same problem too.Another prob. of mine is my windows vista prompts driver installation each and everytime I plug my Sansa mp3C250. haaay,i’m losing my patience.

@goldreadlocks wrote:
[…] I have followed the instructions from support but they didn’t tell me how to add the installer files onto my mp3. […]

What do you mean:

add installer files?

And what do you mean, by writing:

add it onto my mp3? 

Generally spoken:

If you work under MS-Windows:

1.) 

Use the newest Microsoft Media Player (update your version).

2.) 

If you have a choice use MS-WIN-XP rather than MS-WIN-Vista.

3.) 

If you want to use the newest firmware and you fail to update

the firmware with the update software (I have this problem),

check here in the forum, if you just can copy the firmware-binary-file

via the windows file-explorer to the root directory of your device

(that worked fine on my sansa e200v2).

Regards,

Stefan 

Thanks for the advice. can you tell me where on the forum the c250 firmware is?  Thanks.

Jon

Hello Jncrft!

No sorry, I’m also lost in the djungle :frowning:

But let us know, if you found it.

Perhaps look in the forum anythingbutipod

Regards,

ellocco

Have you looked in the C200 series board? if I were firmware for the c200 series, tha’ts where I’d hide! :stuck_out_tongue:

Have you looked in the C200 series board? if I were firmware for the c200 series, that’s where I’d hide! :wink:

Have you looked in the C200 series board? if I were firmware for the c200 series, that’s where I’d hide! :wink:

(Hint: It’s at the top in the shaded posts, called ‘stickies’ titled c200 version 1 (or 2) Latest Firmware Installation Instructions; 01.01.00 or 03.02.05)