USB 3.0 Extreme SDCZ80

Hi SanDisk,

i am having issue with PEndirve 3.0 Extreme SDCZ80 last year but this USB 3.0 will cause PC to reboot after i power off. 

Then i purchase another Pendirve 3.0 Extreme SDCZ80 and it does not cause me any failure.

Can i know how to check the FW version of the pendrive and where can i get the full list of FW change for Extreme SDCZ80 USB 3.0?

regards

Teddy

:smiley:   Hi Teddy,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

1- [ _i am having issue with PEndirve 3.0 Extreme SDCZ80 last year but this USB 3.0 will cause PC to reboot after i power off. _ ]

I suspect, “Short Circuit” by poor contact of a pin bent.

Inspect with a magnifying glass and a flashlight, the USB 3.0 plug of the Cruzer, and clean the pins, with wire or eyebrow tweezers, etc., and with isopropyl alcohol (or also, the medicinal).

Check, that the pins (Standard has 9 pins, 7 for USB 3.0 + 2 for USB 2.0), are not dirty, bent or broken, or simply not fit as it corresponds.

2- [ _Then i purchase another Pendirve 3.0 Extreme SDCZ80 and it does not cause me any failure. _ ]

Well, if the above still bad, you can return it.

Contact _ SanDisk Technical Support _ who will replace the device, if it’s authentic and is within warranty.

Link: http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

3- [ Can i know how to check the FW version of the pendrive and where can i get the full list of FW change for Extreme SDCZ80 USB 3.0? ]

Mmm… I understand that FW, means FirmWare.

Well, there is no firmware for UFD (pendrives and cards), available to the user.

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                            (Google translated)

Hi SanDisk Community, 

Thanks for your reply.

I have 4 Sandisk Extreme SDCZ80 pendrive bought by last year, 4 of them causing the PC to power on after shut down. 

But I get a new one this year and it does not cause this.

Wonder how to check the different between this 2 version of pendrive. Appreciate if you can guide me how to check the different between the 2 version. 

I have visual inspect the older version, it is in good condition. And the functionality work fine, just it is causing PC to power up after shut down. 

:smiley:   Hi Teddy,

Please, try these flash drives, on other PCs.

_ Not is a problem of versions. _

Check, the ports of your PC.

Check the USB board, with an experienced Technician.

For more certainty, _you can send the question to the Support Team:http://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask/

Regards, Alfred.                                                                   (Google translated)

It’s also worth the time to check if it’s the security software causing this or any other software. With the affected flash drive, try to use it under safe mode and see if it makes a difference.