urgent help needed

hello all …

i bought a sansa clip 2gb red in 2007. it was working fine as i could copy n play mp3 files and the device was wasily detected by my laptop running windows xp service pack 2.

few days before i used an ac adapter to charge it…

now when i conect the device to my laptop it lights up n only chrarges … however connecting the device has no effect on the laptop… as if nothing is connected… the devices goes in charging mode but not in the sync mode … i am unable to load songs…

connecting the device to laptop or any other pc has no effect…

please help me…

asim…

asimgulzarjan@gmail.com 

Did the USB mode somehow get changed? Check it in Settings > System Settings > USB mode. MSC mode has the least connection problems, but that may not be the way your content on the device was transferred (which can open another can o’worms).

But try it. Definitely don’t use the Auto Defect mode as this is nothing but problematic.

i cant change the connect mode myself its default, there is no option to change it in sansa clip(2gb) settings… help me please

Are you sure?  Did you press the small home button, click down to Settings and select it, click down to USB Mode and select it, and then select MSC?  I’ve never heard of the USB Mode setting disappearing from the Clip’s firmware before.