upgrade to specific 1.02.15x version

hi,

i downloaded the sansa firmware updater to flash the latest firmware on the device. previously it had 1.02.15f. the flasher updated it with an older version 1.02.15a ! now i read in the forums that 1.02.15p is available. but it is not available for download on the sandisk website. where can i get the newer versions and what are the differences between those different letter firmwares?

br

They’re all the same age. The letters indicate the region the firmware is intended for, with differences in language, FM frequency allocations, and such. “a” is the Americas, “p” is Pacific, etc.

Interestingly, you can get the other region softwares yourself just by changing the letter on the firmware you download–the letter you use will access that version of the firmware. For those needing to temporarily eliminate the radio function (such as, when entering certain areas with radio restrictions), this can provide the means to do so. The firmware versions also seemingly reflect certain unfortunate geopolitical issues: a Hebrew version with no Arabic language choice (a separate version has it), and an Arabic version likewise as to Hebrew. A full list of the various versions and what to change (you change the letter in the firmware “bin” file name): http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25408