updater suddenly not working and...

I can see the fuze in ‘my computer’ but no files are showing when I click on it. The files are still working on the fuze. I downloaded the fuze updater and was able to update the firmware and install the converter (btw I prefer to use the SMC because the fuze belongs to my daughter and she already knows how to use the SMC-our other computer is on the fritz so I have to use this laptop right now). I opened the converter and it doesn’t see the player. So I opened up ‘my computer’ and the fuze is there but when I click on it, no files show up. I uninstalled SMC as the sansa website says to do but when I try to redownload it throught the updater, the updater doesn’t see the fuze at all. So it won’t download the software. It did work a couple of hours ago and no settings have been changed. What now? I know I can use video 4 fuze for videos but how can I put music on it if the computer isn’t seeing any of the folders on it?

Your Fuze might be trapped in an alternate reality, lovingly referrd to as Auto Defect Mode. In this, it will try to connect in MTP, but if not possible it will assume an MSC connection. Your computer can only see files while connected in the mode that they were transferred in.

So since you’re using a different computer now, I’m guessing that the files you cannot see (but know are there) were originally loaded onto the machine in MSC. For whatever reason, it’s connecting to this computer in MTP mode. This would also be the case with the SMC; it works best in MSC mode.

You can check/change this in the Settings > System Settings > USB Mode.

Your Fuze might be trapped in an alternate reality, lovingly referred to as Auto Defect Mode. In this, it will try to connect in MTP, but if not possible it will assume an MSC connection. Your computer can only see files while connected in the mode that they were transferred in.

So since you’re using a different computer now, I’m guessing that the files you cannot see (but know are there) were originally loaded onto the machine in MSC. For whatever reason, it’s connecting to this computer in MTP mode. This would also be the case with the SMC; it works best in MSC mode.

You can check/change this in the Settings > System Settings > USB Mode.