Update question

I recently updated my fuse to the latest version 01.01.22 and now my battery does not last to long. Before I did the update it lasted a long time. Did I do something wrong? Any help will be appreciated.

Not really but setting LCD brightnest or blacklight might cause your battery

To know if you did something wrong, we need to know more about what you did to update the firmware. If you do check the backlight and the brightness, as well as the power saver option, these settings make a difference.

I updated it using sansa firmware updater, the battery was less then 50% full will this cause it not to last as long?

PLug it in Charge it all the way up. Then Do a Manual Update of the firmware. The Instructions are on the First Post on the Firmware update thread. See if that helps.

@bigslick wrote:
I updated it using sansa firmware updater, the battery was less then 50% full will this cause it not to last as long?

Frankly, I can’t see what one would have to do with the other. The update doesn’t take that long that a +50% charge is needed.

Also, this is the first instance of this recommendation in any firmware update post, regardless of player or how many updates have preceded it. Why is it suddenly a requirement now, and not in any of the other releases up to this point? All those updates were completed without a hitch.

So, unless someone gives me a detailed, valid reason why this is necessary, I’m going to take it with a grain of salt. If you have successfully updated the firmware, either with the Updater or manually, and the INFO screen verifies it (newer f/w version), I see no reason to re-install the firmware just because your player’s battery wasn’t at least half-full at the time.

If it works . . . don’t fix it! :wink:

The >50% charge recommendation is made to ensure that the device is charged properly, prior to having the device do a firmware installation on its own power.  It’s a simple level to visualize on the device as well. 

µsansa