Update firmware error message

While trying to update the firmware on my Sansa Fuze I get the error message #1003. Any ideas? Thank you

 

Search the Firmware thread for code 1003. It was explained at one point.

Error Code 1003 may pop up with the Sansa Updater, as described here in the Sansa Updater forum.  If there is heavy traffic, the server can be busy.   -µsansa

Message Edited by microsansa on 02-09-2009 08:17 AM

@conversionbox wrote:
Search the Firmware thread for code 1003. It was explained at one point.

_ One _ point? One? I did a search and found multiple threads on this issue.

I also agree with one of the responses in one of those threads. Sansa should get rid of the updater software. It is so trivial to update the firmware using the manual method that they do not need another piece of software causing issues.

@hazza wrote:


@conversionbox wrote:
Search the Firmware thread for code 1003. It was explained at one point.


_ One _ point? One? I did a search and found multiple threads on this issue.

 

I also agree with one of the responses in one of those threads. Sansa should get rid of the updater software. It is so trivial to update the firmware using the manual method that they do not need another piece of software causing issues.

It was discussed several (Dozen) times but was explained in depth by an Admin only once that I can remember.

@conversionbox wrote:

 

It was discussed several (Dozen) times but was explained in depth by an Admin only once that I can remember.

oooohhhh… that’s what you meant… my bad.

Don’t you just LOVE these, I will go through the entire process to register and post a single question that has been answered DOZENS of times already but I won’t bother doing a search to see if the answer is already available, posters?

I wonder if they wipe their own arse or still get mummy to do it for them?

I know you are trying to be helpful however comments like the above are inappropriate and will not be tolerated. Just like your Mummy used to say if you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything at all. This is the only warning I am going to give you. Next time you will get a nice vacation.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 02-09-2009 09:17 AM

It is what It is. Youll have that. Its easier for me to just answer and then not worry about it. Oh Well.

Thank you for your kind response…I did try to find an answer but I am new to the process and not as savvy as some …also my mummy doesn’t wipe my butt because she has passed away.

PS…thank you for warm welcome.

@colleenlt123 wrote:
PS…thank you for warm welcome.

Colleenlt123

We dont intend to sound mean or like we dont want to help you but sometimes we get frustrated. When you posted your problem there were 3 threads with the identical problem on the front page. And for those of us who like to help and spend a lot of time on here trying to make sure everyone is as happy with their fuze as we are, having to type the same response 3 or 4 times gets a little annoying. Hazza and I are also pretty big fans of Sarcasm and when we start playing on each others posts some times it comes across wrong. So I am sorry about that.

If you still didnt find your solution the error 1003 has to do with the Updaters ability to connect to the server. You can just do a manual install based on the instructions in the Sansa Firmware updater thread.

Thank you for your help…I do appreciate it. Sarcasm and outright rude are two very different things.I must admit it does make me have second thoughts about asking for any further advice…but once again I do thank you for your help.

Dont be afraid to ask, the way I usually do things on any new forum is to search the forums for a solution and if none can be found of if none is acceptable to me, or I just plain dont get it then I post. We were all Newbies on here at one time, sometimes we forget that part.