Unable to connect

I just purchased a Sansa Connect.  For some reason, I am unable to connect to my access point.  I have a Symbol AP-4131 (802.11b).  I turned off all security (no WEP or WPA, and no Access Control) and am broadcasting BSSID.  When I search for a network in my device, I see a difference icon.  When I try to connect I receive this error:  “Unable to connect    APNAME uses a Wi-Fi standard which this device does not support.” 

Help. 

I was able to connect to another open access point in the area.  So, I am not sure what is configured wrong on my AP. 

I’m wondering about the different icon you see when scanning for networks. Is it an X?  This indicates the Sansa Connect knows it cannot connect to the network.

I’m not familiar with the specific access point, but it may be in adhoc or bridge mode. Check if the Symbol AP can be configured for adhoc, bridge or infrastructure mode. If the AP advertises it is in adhoc mode and not infrastructure mode, the Sansa Connect will display the “Unable to connect” message.

The only other thing I can think of is to verify that the router is running the latest firmware available.