Unable to Connect to Public WiFi

My school offers free WiFi access for the students, however I am unable to connect to it. A user name and password are not needed to login onto it…yet, my Sansa still asks for both. Even if I were to use my student username, I stll would NOT need a password…but I’m prompted for one. Is there a way to get around that? What should I do? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks to anyone who may know what I can do…

Have you connected to any WiFi yet and played LaunchCast Radio on your Connect?

You aren’t confusing the Yahoo! account ID and password request with WiFi network password request are you?

For what it’s worth, I’ve also seen the Connect prompt for a username and password when attempting to connect to a network that doesn’t require login.  This happens at my health club, for example.  Maybe due to some kind of portal web page one must go through before accessing the network?  I’m running the latest firmware.

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 01-26-2008 03:12 PM

I had the same problem yesterday when i was turing to use wifi in Manhattan. And even today at the central brooklyn public library, i was able to connect to their network but when i started using the radio, it would stop buffering

gmvrecords wrote:
I had the same problem yesterday when i was turing to use wifi in Manhattan. And even today at the central brooklyn public library, i was able to connect to their network but when i started using the radio, it would stop buffering

Buffering is a completely different issue (well, except it involves networking) … could just be that their network couldn’t give the throughput that the Connect needed.

could be. But i would think that if a lady was using her laptop on the wifi network, then my little connect would work fine

gmvrecords wrote:
could be. But i would think that if a lady was using her laptop on the wifi network, then my little connect would work fine

If you’re talking about the buffering issue … it depends on what she was doing with her laptop.  There’s a lot of data required to form a continuously running audio stream.  More than just randomly loading a webpage or reading email, for example.

perhaps. I’ll try again thee next  time im in an area with public wifi