Unable to access clip sport

When I went to turn off my clip sport it would not turn off, it just continued to play the songs. The screen was frozen and none of the buttons would work. I finally managed to get the sound turned off but the player appears to still be active. I tried to plug it into my laptop but the laptop would not recognize the player. (Possibly because the player is not actually off?) How can I get my music transferred from the non properly functioning player to another drive? Thank you.

Will the player shut off if you hold the center button down for 30-60 seconds of more (the re-set procedure)?

Will the player shut off if you hold the center button down for 30-60 seconds or more (the re-set procedure)?

I did not try to hold the button down that long (I only held it for about 15 or 20 seconds) and now the battery has died so it, I guess, “finally turned off.” At this point I was able to transfer my music off to my hard drive. I am now recharging the battery and will see what happens once that has been accomplished. What I don’t understand is, “What happened?” One minute I was listening to my music and the next, when I went to turn it off, it was frozen. the music kept playing, but I could not get anything to move on the screen. I will let you know tomorrow what, if anything, happens after the battery is charged. Thank you.

@kfriegas wrote:

What I don’t understand is, “What happened?” One minute I was listening to my music and the next, when I went to turn it off, it was frozen. the music kept playing, but I could not get anything to move on the screen.

Gremlins

:laughing:

It’s not just you–I’ve had odd events every now-and-again as well (including on my PC!).  The “accepted solution”:  the hard re-set procedure I posted above.  Good luck!