Two card slots on sansa

It’ll be great if my fuze had two card slots.  I’ve been switching cards back and forth since I got a slotradio card.  With two slots, I can just leave the slotradio card in one slot and keep my microsdhc card in the other.

I was wondering about this for a player the size of the Fuze or larger. It wouldn’t work in the Clip+ form factor though. I guess the current controllers being used can only support two sets of memory though, one internal, and one external.

Is it really worth it for the 50 people that bought a slotradio card?

:wink:

There are now Slotradio+ cards, which are Slotradio cards that also have 4GB of free space on them. Perhaps in the future we might see Slotradio+ cards with much more free space on them?

I like the idea of having players with 2 or more micro SDHC card slots, however the current mp3 play SOC chips seem to be able to control only two sets of memory, an internal one and an external one. I guess it might be possible to have a player with two card slots with one of the current controllers if it has no built in memory.

@jk98 wrote:

There are now Slotradio+ cards, which are Slotradio cards that also have 4GB of free space on them. Perhaps in the future we might see Slotradio+ cards with much more free space on them?

I like the idea of having players with 2 or more micro SDHC card slots, however the current mp3 play SOC chips seem to be able to control only two sets of memory, an internal one and an external one. I guess it might be possible to have a player with two card slots with one of the current controllers if it has no built in memory.

Slotradio+ cards are a good alternative to having two slots for sansa players and slotradio compatible devices.  If I had waited a few more months, I would have purchased one instead of the slotradio card.   The 64mb of memory in the slotradio card user area seemed to be more of a sliver of leftover space on the card than any real storage.