Turn off the Blue Sun Wheel!

I want to be able to toggle the Blue Ring of Light on and off.  In a dark room it’s like a beacon.

Thanks,

Mike

Again, an existing Rockbox feature.

And again, not on the v2.

Those who care about battery life will want to be able to disable this blue light. I find it annoying. I would also like to be able to set a different backlight setting for displaying photos than for the normal display.

The blue ring light goes off after a few seconds of inactivity so both it’s battery drain and annoyance factor are limited and minor.

And by the way, going in the opposite direction (power drain-wise). . . the recent firmware update for the Fuze increased the amount of backlight ON time options up to 1 HOUR! At the customer/user’s requests, I might add.

Yes, that’s the point!  Having the OPTION is the whole point.  Some want max battery life, some want the screen on longer.  Some like the blue wheel, some don’t.  etc…etc…etc…  I just don’t want the Henry Ford option:  “Any color you want, as long as it’s black.”  Also known here as Sandisk’s way or the highway.

I don’t understand why people keep skirting the real issue.  Give us the flexibility to customize our players to suit our needs.  

Mike

@crustyvet wrote:

I just don’t want the Henry Ford option:  “Any color you want, as long as it’s black.”

Which is ironic, because I couldn’t get my 8gb Fuze in the color I wanted–black!  :smiley:

But yes, I agree, the more options, the better.  That’s why I miss rockbox now…

@tapeworm wrote:

The blue ring light goes off after a few seconds of inactivity so both it’s battery drain and annoyance factor are limited and minor.

And by the way, going in the opposite direction (power drain-wise). . . the recent firmware update for the Fuze increased the amount of backlight ON time options up to 1 HOUR! At the customer/user’s requests, I might add.

The backlight time can be 1 hour but the blue ring is only about 3 seconds.

ya when i listen to it at night i was blinded for about two minutes