Trying to sync a song, but it says it's already on my device... IT'S NOT!!!!!

HELP!!!

i even tried to delete all the songs from my 2g red sansa clip, then include this song in a list of 19 songs (with no songs at all on the clip) and it only downloaded 18 of the songs…   all the other songs had green bars that filled up saying “syncing” & complete, but when it got to this song it said “already on device” and skipped it!!!   I have no clue how to get this freaking song on the clip…    Are there any other ways to force it on instead of “syncing” them?    The song plays fine on my media player, so it’s not defective or whatever…    I am soooooo  frustrated with this freaking clip…   !!!   please help!!!

@jim85710 wrote:
i even tried to delete all the songs from my 2g red sansa clip, then include this song in a list of 19 songs (with no songs at all on the clip) and it only downloaded 18 of the songs…   all the other songs had green bars that filled up saying “syncing” & complete, but when it got to this song it said “already on device” and skipped it!!!   I have no clue how to get this freaking song on the clip…    Are there any other ways to force it on instead of “syncing” them?    The song plays fine on my media player, so it’s not defective or whatever…    I am soooooo  frustrated with this freaking clip…   !!!   please help!!!

What program are you using to sync?  Are you in auto-detect, MSC or MTP mode?  Have you tried using the format option from the menu?

I would dump the sync altogether, but you may have to use it if you are trying to get DRM-crippled files to play.  If not, I would set the clip to MSC, drag and drop, and listen happily.

how do i drag & drop?   i am going to windows media player, sync, then dragging & dropping songs into the sync menu & then hit the start sync button.

i am in auto detect mode…  says the song is on my device.  it’s not…   every time i drag to sync list & hit start sync it immediatly says ok to unplug device…  i just don’t get it @ all…   my other songs went onto the clip just fine…   this song won’t…  

never mind…  i finally figured it out…  for some god awful reason, the song was in the “podcasts” section?    not sure why it wouldn’t show up under “play all songs”…?    whatever, i give up…   so tired now…  so sleepy…