Trouble Updating

I’m having troubling getting my files to update.  For example, it I plug Sansa into my PC, go into Sansa’a files, and, thru “properties” change the album name of a file, it frequently won’t show up as that album name once I unplug.  Sometimes when I drop and drag, I have this sort of problem as well.  I think I remember there’s some trick to getting itt update properly.

In general, does does the folder/subfolder structure structure of the player make any difference?  Does it matter whether I drop in folders or songs?  Whehter they go in “music” or not?

Thanks!

@tonydetroit wrote:

I’m having troubling getting my files to update.  For example, it I plug Sansa into my PC, go into Sansa’a files, and, thru “properties” change the album name of a file, it frequently won’t show up as that album name once I unplug.  Sometimes when I drop and drag, I have this sort of problem as well.  I think I remember there’s some trick to getting itt update properly.

In general, does does the folder/subfolder structure structure of the player make any difference?  Does it matter whether I drop in folders or songs?  Whehter they go in “music” or not?

Thanks!

The Express uses ID3 tags to sort the songs, the folder structure does not matter.

You should edit your songs on the computer, then transfer the songs to the Express.

Changing the song’s information while the songs are on the Express isn’t the best way to do it. The Express’s database doesn’t always refresh properly which makes it difficult to update songs while they are on the Express.