Trouble copying files to local machine

Hello. Firmware version: V01.01.15E, Sansa Fuze 8GB. I have about 7.5 GB music in several file formats on it, so far so good. Now I had a total data loss due to a virus, my whole machine is blank. I failed to backup my music under the impression that I can retrieve it easily from the player - WRONG. It won´t show up in Winamp as it did before the crash, I have all neccessary drivers and have tried all usb-modes. How do i retrieve the files back on my machine? A general search won´t turn up any of my files, I have searched for all filetypes I used. I can open the directorys of the player but it seems that thereare only small parts of the data located. Also if i trie to open it with winamp - winamp simply crashes and thats it. plz help. Edit: I use Win XP SP3. Before the crash I used SP2. Also WMP11, 

Message Edited by Cornholio on 02-02-2009 05:57 PM

Can’t you just drag & drop the files on your Fuze back to your computer in Windows Explorer? Depending on the mode they were transferred in the 1st place, you may have to switch from MTP to MSC, or vice-versa. But you can drag & drop in either mode on the Fuze, unlike it’s predecessors. :smiley:

@cornholio wrote:

Hello. Firmware version: V01.01.15E, Sansa Fuze 8GB. I have about 7.5 GB music in several file formats on it, so far so good. Now I had a total data loss due to a virus, my whole machine is blank. I failed to backup my music under the impression that I can retrieve it easily from the player - WRONG. It won´t show up in Winamp as it did before the crash, I have all neccessary drivers and have tried all usb-modes. How do i retrieve the files back on my machine? A general search won´t turn up any of my files, I have searched for all filetypes I used. I can open the directorys of the player but it seems that thereare only small parts of the data located. Also if i trie to open it with winamp - winamp simply crashes and thats it. plz help. Edit: I use Win XP SP3. Before the crash I used SP2. Also WMP11, 

Heh Heh Awesoe user name!

Yes, I can do that. Unfortunately the files are located in several folders each to one or two files (i dunno why). And there are exactly 1286 files, so this will take quite a while. Also I think it would be quite a problem to form and equip new playlists. I would really prefer it if there was any way to re-integrate the whole mess back into Winamp. 

@conversionbox wrote:

@cornholio wrote:

They really should bring back Beavis and Butt-head…they were dillweeds to cancel that show :smiley:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

@cornholio wrote:

They really should bring back Beavis and Butt-head…they were dillweeds to cancel that show :smiley:

It could find a home on Adult Swim but not on MTV. 

well, Beavis & Butt-head is indeed a cool show - and i am VERY surprised to say: the **bleep** player WORKS! it inregrates in winamp,. I got my files back, everything´s fine -i dunno why, i changed nothing since yesterday. Ah well, who cares. Wohooo got my music back! 

Ok, so I was bored!

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 02-11-2009 12:10 AM

:smileyvery-happy:     :smileyvery-happy:     :smileyvery-happy:

Simple minds are simply amused . . . See, even the screen name someone picks for themself is sometimes enough to send a thread way, way off-topic!

What does that say about the lives of people who hang out here? On 1 hand, it could mean we are bored out of our skulls and any little thing out of the ordinary will spark a little grey matter activity. Or it could be that some of us have so many creative juices bottled up inside us just waiting for release that they all come flowing out when presented with the tiniest of opportunities.

Myself, I just think we all need a laugh now & then. Thanks, Marvin! :wink: