Trouble connecting fuze to older amp

I bought a 4 GB Fuze @ bestbuy today to connect to my older JVC amp.

Under the info selection, it tells me it’s version V02.01.17A. I have a 4 GB sandisk card in the fuze as well.

Also bought a dynex mini-to-rca cable to connect to said amp through any one of about ten inputs. No go. Re-connected into different inputs…nothing. No sound, nothing.

To my surprise, the ancient 100-disc changer that I had been using no longer is picked up by the amp either. I don’t know what that’s all about. In fact, my tv isn’t picked up anymore now either. The amp still plays the radio, however.

So I took the fuze out to our 2004 Odyssey, plugged it into the AV jacks on the DVD player in there (which is about the only thing that POS DVD player is good for), set the tuner to 87.7 and crossed my fingers. It worked! I had to turn it all the way up, but it worked.

The amp isn’t very sophisticated, so I doubt that it’s looking for a certain file type like a car stereo would. All it really is supposed to do is distribute the sound from the source to the speakers, right?

Anybody else had experience with this? I read a few pages addressing this issue (kind of…line out, etc), but either never saw a real resolution or couldn’t find a scenario close enough to mine.

Thanks in advance!

All I can guess is that the amp and the fuze are not communicating properly. I would guess that the cable you bought and the input on the amp aren’t connecting, so you could try another set of inputs, also make sure you turn the fuze up to at least 75%. If thats not the cause I am baffled… except to say… GO BUCKS!

If the CD changer and TV no longer work, it sounds like a problem with the amp and nothing to do with the Fuze. Sounds like none of the external inputs are working, which could be something as simple as a protection fuse on the input circuit going. The Fuze may of caused a fuse to blow, if you plugged it in to the amp when the amp was switched on, but I think you’re looking in the wrong direction for a solution. You’d be best off posting on some Hi-fi forums about a faulty amp than here.

@buckeyenation wrote:

Also bought a dynex mini-to-rca cable to connect to said amp through any one of about ten inputs. No go. Re-connected into different inputs…nothing. No sound, nothing.

To my surprise, the ancient 100-disc changer that I had been using no longer is picked up by the amp either. I don’t know what that’s all about. In fact, my tv isn’t picked up anymore now either. The amp still plays the radio, however.

Looks to me as if you’ve already found the weak link in the chain & answered your own question. The culprit seems to be said amp.

Yep, sounds like a mode switching problem with the JVC. I have an older JVC RX-774V receiver. Sometimes after power loss or brownouts it freaks out and won’t operate correctly. The solution, unplug from AC power for 30 seconds and replug to AC power. Give it a try! Like everything else nowdays, devices with microcontrollers and settings memory might get whacked-out and need a reset of system.