Transferring music from one Sansa to another, getting dreaded synchronize message

Hi, I’m new.

I’ve searched through loads of posts about the dreaded “synchronize to continue your music subscription” message, but none seem to answer my query.

I’ve had a Sansa Clip+ for a year or so and it has worked perfectly. I’ve just bought another, identical apart from 4gb instead of 2gb. I  plugged them both into my computer, the USB mode, is MSC, and I dragged and copied all the files from the old clip to the new one. None of it will play on the new clip, I keep getting the error message. Help please!

If I’m not mistaken, you have to use MTP mode and do it through Windows Media Player as that appears to be the only way to transfer the licenses as well.  

@lordcheeto03 wrote:

If I’m not mistaken, you have to use MTP mode and do it through Windows Media Player as that appears to be the only way to transfer the licenses as well.  

Assuming that the files are DRM-protected.  

“synchronize to continue your music subscription” implies it is DRM-protected.  I might be wrong…

@lordcheeto03 wrote:

“synchronize to continue your music subscription” implies it is DRM-protected.  I might be wrong…

That message also can appear in malfunction situations, apart from music subscription issues.