Transferring files from XP to Win 7

I have a 32GB cruzer flash drive that I bought earlier this year and saved files from my previous laptop.  I wanted to transfer everything on to this new laptop but cannot find any applicable instructions - I have everything on it but do not want to use it as an external drive - i want to transfer the files but there is no send to or export button, or even a copy link.  Both laptops are Toshiba, this one is Win 7, the old one is XP.  Is this a problem?

Can you not highlight the desired files, drag & drop or copy & paste them as you would any other file(s) in Windows?

I have a 32GB cruzer flash drive that I bought earlier this year and saved files from my previous laptop.”

What software did you use to save your files onto the Cruzer?

Nothing special - just plugged it in and saved the files I wanted to save!

Stephanie HC

Use the same approach with Windows 7 Steph.  Open the USB drive in Windows Explorer, highlight the files you want to restore, RIGHT click on the highlighted files, select Copy, click on it, open your Windows 7 My Documents folder, RIGHT click on it, then select Paste and click.  Files will be moved.

Once on the Windows 7 machine cut and paste them to whatever folders are more approapiate for them.  Videos, Music, etc.