Tracks load onto Clip+ out of order

I have an mp3 on CD format audio Bible I’m trying to load onto my Clip+. Loads fine into Windows Media Explorer and Windos Explorer on my Win7 but after loading it onto my Clip+ the tracks load out of order. Should read Genesis 1, 2, 3…20, 21, 22, 23 etc. Instead tracks read Genesis 1, 10, 11… Genesis 2, 20, 21…etc. I can’t believe I would have to change  tags on every track ( at least, I hope not). Any ideas on whats wrong? Thanks in advance. JC

@jcrawfod777 wrote:

I have an mp3 on CD format audio Bible I’m trying to load onto my Clip+. Loads fine into Windows Media Explorer and Windos Explorer on my Win7 but after loading it onto my Clip+ the tracks load out of order. Should read Genesis 1, 2, 3…20, 21, 22, 23 etc. Instead tracks read Genesis 1, 10, 11… Genesis 2, 20, 21…etc. I can’t believe I would have to change  tags on every track ( at least, I hope not). Any ideas on whats wrong? Thanks in advance. JC

Interesting that your initials are “JC” and you’re loading the Bible.:wink:

My suggestion to you would be the free program mp3tag

…it has a wonderful little feature called the auto-numbering wizard…this will re-number all of the tracks at once. Works especially well if the single digits are set up with leading zeros…01, 02, instead of 1,2.

Leading zeros for numbers 1-9 should fix matters (01, 02, 03, etc.).

Thanks for the mp3tag, I’m gonna give that a try.

Yeah, and the real JC has already stood up, I can only aspire to be like Him, though I fall way short.  Thanks again. JC