Track Title Oddity

Hello,

So, I have a SanDisk Clip Sport 8GB with an SD card of 16 GB. Now, I love this player, it does everything it should without issue, however, there is an oddity with track titles: When playing them on the player, some of titles get cut off before their actual finish.

Like, I’ll use my “J-Pop Artists” folder as an example.
There is a song titled “Mantenboshi ~Kinmokusei no Sakukoro~ however when I play the song on my player, the player lists it as Mantenboshi ~Kinmokusei no Saku” cutting off the “koro~” part.
I looked online to find a possible solution and discovered through these forums that there appears to be a 24 character limit on track titles. However, this isn’t correct because “Mantenboshi ~Kinmokusei no Saku” is 31 characters, including the spaces. Now, I would brush it off as just being too long a title but there is another song called "Precious Sounds ~Kaze ga Noko**bleep**e Itta~ which is 40 characters long and that song displays the whole track title without cutting it off.

Truly a confusing thing. If anyone can help me, I’d appreciate it.

Long time Sandisk users (including Miikerman and Tapeworm) have encouraged using the following version of ID3 tags for all Sandisk players.

ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1

https://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport/ID3-2-3-or-2-4/td-p/350790