Touchpad logic not IAW user manual?

Are there any shortcuts on how to get to the currently playing list

I go to Music/Artists and pick an artist and then choose an album and begin playing.

How do I get back to that last screen?

tapping from the “now playing” screen takes me back up to the Music sub menu and I have to use center taps to get back down to that list.

This is not IAW documentation.  Tapping the “back” button is supposed to take you back to the last submenu and holding the back button is supposed to take you to the HOME row (i.e. music/radio/…/settings) menu.

I have not found this to be true.  One time I found my self accidently back from the now playing screen back to the song list, but could not reproduce this.  Subsequent taps simply cycles between the “MUSIC” menu and the now playing screen.

I think there is something wrong with the touchpad logic, can someone confirm this.  Better documentation for the UI navigation and touch pad needs to be provided, In some cases the logic works, but in others, it doesn’t seem to be consistent. 

Any ideas?

p_opus wrote:

This is not IAW documentation.  Tapping the “back” button is supposed to take you back to the last submenu and holding the back button is supposed to take you to the HOME row (i.e. music/radio/…/settings) menu.

This is the way it works for me. Be sure you have the latest firmware. 

Ok,

I’m at 1.32.00a (and can’t downgrade, but that’s another issue)

I’ve discovered a bit more about what is going on.  The “back” button acts like the browser back button.

So if I go to artists/and pick an album and then start the first track from the track list, and then go to the “back” button, then I get the song list.  Ok, that works.

Ok, now lets say I hold the back button for two seconds and get back to the “music” main menu and then back to the song, then simply clicking the “back” button repeatedly toggles between now playing display and the “music” main menu.

The statement in the manual in that the back button acts as a “browser” back button is not entirely correct.  In a “browser” if I hit back enough, then I will eventually get back to a previous page.

On the Fuze+ the back button works to get you to the last page as long as you don’t get to the top menu.  If you get back to the top menu, then the back button only gets back the main menu.

I guess it takes some getting used to.

There’s another quirk that you may have experienced, that happens of you center tap to the track options screen while playing back a track.  In this case, the “back” button toggles you between the now playing screen and the top level only.

Previously, you could navigate to the album song list, the cool screen with a row of album covers visible at the top of the screen.  Is this what you may have seen before, that you suddenly cannot?

If you tap the back button, navigating to the main menu level, simply swipe right/left once, “bouncing” or sweeping the menu over once.  Now, the “back” button will toggle you through each level as before, and you have the option of scrolling through each album’s track list again, the cool display with the album covers listed across the top.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I tried what you mentioned and it didn’t work.  I guess it works different from which submenu you use.

I love that display with the albums at the top and songlist below.

I also noticed that if I return to that cool screen from the initial pick and then just let the player “timeout” on that screen (after 10 sec or so), when it returns to the current track screen you can’t get back to that cool list, it goes back to music main menu and then I can’t navigate back to that screen.

I have a feature request to have that selectable from “music options”.  The original fuze had a “return to song list” that did the same thing.  If they had a similar function in song options, it would be great.

The navigation UI is pretty cool, but not very intuitive in some instances.

Look how many new users think they can only get the last 10 songs played.  It’s a cool quick nav feature, but confuses people.