touch pad

I can’t get a consistent response from the keypad!!! it responds as it chooses with out regard to any commands.

whats going on with this thing!!!

@lastoy wrote:

I can’t get a consistent response from the keypad!!! it responds as it chooses with out regard to any commands.

whats going on with this thing!!!

Simply put…it sucks!

If you take the time to learn about and install Rockbox, the player becomes usable and actually works pretty well…but if you don’t wish to do that, then return the player and get something different…otherwise, you’ll end up wanting to smash it with a big hammer.:laughing:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Simply put…it sucks!

Don’t beat around the bush, Marvin. Tell us what you _ really _ think! :stuck_out_tongue:

Rockbox, Rockbox, Rockbox.

Turned my Fuze+ from a piece of crap to a useable device. The hyper-sensitivity of the TP is the biggest problem (for me), and RB makes it much more friendly. Improves on a lot of other functions as well.

GREAT!!!whats a ROCKBOX???

how???

@lastoy wrote:

@lastoy wrote:

www.rockbox.org

I am having the same problem.  Sometimes I make a stroke and nothing happens while a different time the same speed and weight stroke makes it go crazy as if many strokes were executed.  The database was never right. I can play items ‘not on my disk’ and I can’t play items ‘on my disk’.  ‘on my disk’ refers to tunes I can see with MS file explorer.  My last veiw was a good value, worse than an ipod but for much less.  This is pretty much garbage.  It isn’t really usable.

I, too hate the database. Although I prefer to browse my music by tags, the DB on this device just has too many old, unresolved bugs for me. Luckily, the above solution applies here, too.

Or, you can connect the device in MSC mode, and wipe all of the *.dat files. The Fuze+ will  take forever to reload, as it will also be re-writing these files from scratch, but at least the DB will be accurate.