This mp3 is kinda getting too complicated.

My new problem is…

that once my Fuze left the charger of computer or usb stereo,

I try to turn on my fuze it won’t work.

Only if it’s on the computer I’m able to.

But why not now?

Can this device be a simple iPod?

@mjo69 wrote:

My new problem is…

But why not now?

If you wish to be a slave to things like itunes, and you want to forget all you know about digital music then the ipod is for you. Slide the power Switch up and hold it for 15-20 seconds. See if there are signs of life. If not you probably need to call SanDisk Tech Support and try some of their tricks.

@mjo69 wrote:

My new problem is…

But why not now?

If you’re accessing it on the computer and it’s connected you can’t listen to it at the same time.  So unplug it from the computer.   Turn it on if needed.  With the long battery life, it shouldn’t be too much of an inconvience syncing or charging to a computer.  I also charge when plugged in to a wall charger and an listen to it at the same time if I want.

I find the Fuze very easy to use.

iPods are just easier  -_-

And the Sansa turns off by itself now.

Sometimes it’ll turn on then it switch off.

I even checked the system settings for the backlight and powersaver and such.

I’m just going to return this piece of **bleep** device.

If you look on this forum.

So many complaints and troubleshoots just for this device.

Only ones who aren’t complaining are either the maker of this product.

You’ll find just as many complaints about the ipod on their forum.

This thing is about as hard to operate as a butterknife.  You may have just gotten a bad one.

Message Edited by jehr on 03-07-2009 11:38 AM

@jehr wrote:

This thing is about as hard to operate as a butterknife.  You may have just gotten a bad one.

Agreed! The only thing that’s not ultra simple is adding videos, other than that it is easy as pie to operate.

@jehr wrote:

And you’re less likely to hurt yourself with it.

For the folks who say:  “Look at all the people complaining/having trouble/hating on _______ in this forum!  What a piece of garbage!!111!!eleventy!”, let me explain something to you.  I’ll try to use small, commonly used words, as I know it’s a difficult concept.

When a person buys a (whatever), and it works and they’re happy with it, they don’t (generally) spend the time to find, register for, and post to a forum for that product about how happy they are.  They just use it.

When a person has a problem, or wants to do something that isn’t covered in the very basic instructions that are provided with (whatever), that’s when they take the time to find, register for, and post to a forum for that product.

Although I have my doubts about the logic/mathematical training most folks get in schools these days, I’ll leave it as an exercise for the reader to draw a conclusion about the three paragraphs above, and the ratio of good:bad experiences you’ll see on a forum for (whatever).

If you were somehow offended by the above, my ramblings have reached their intended audience.

@mjo69 wrote:

iPods are just easier  -_-

Not according to the disconcerted folks on the various I-pod forums.

It does sound like you might have a bum unit though. If you just got it, it will be quicker and easier to just return it and get another. They have a 1 year warranty which SanDisk stands behind 100% (if not more), but it will take a while to get it replaced under an RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization).

You were just unlucky enough to get a bad Fuze. There are also a lot of people who were unlucky enough to get a bad I-pod.

@mjo69 wrote:

How long until it switches off?  Immediate?  Did you hold up the on/off button too long (a soft reset)?

Or is it just the screen/powersaver going off with nonuse? 

I think I fixed it maybe not.

I noticed that when the Fuze messege pops up “Refreshing Media” Well it use to do that each time I turn it on, and it turned off by itself automatically and it would be difficult to turn it back on.

I’ve been putting it back on the computer to see if it works, it’s almost there. But yeah, Fuze is easy to work with especially the songs is very easy to add. I just can’t add any videos to this current one of mine anymore with the converter. I have a few songs on it now since I just recently formatted it :[

Have you updated your firmware to the most recent version?  I noticed that the power switch was more responsive once I updated mine. 

@mjo69 wrote:

Actually, the ones who aren’t complaining are the ones who’ve never had problems with it, i.e. most of us. What are we to complain about, that it works so well?

It sounds like you have a bad player. It should turn itself off if you’re not playing it for several minutes (to conserve battery), but it sounds like yours is turning itself off quickly and not you’re not able to turn it on easily. I’m assuming you’ve let it charge awhile, and the battery isn’t just drained.

@bdb wrote:

@mjo69 wrote:

Actually, the ones who aren’t complaining are the ones who’ve never had problems with it, i.e. most of us. What are we to complain about, that it works so well?

It sounds like you have a bad player. It should turn itself off if you’re not playing it for several minutes (to conserve battery), but it sounds like yours is turning itself off quickly and not you’re not able to turn it on easily. I’m assuming you’ve let it charge awhile, and the battery isn’t just drained.

Agreed.  I have 4 Sansa mp3 players and haven’t had a single problem with any of them.  I don’t represent Sansa in any way; just love their products