Too bad about the 4gb, what about the 2?

@calkid wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

Seemingly good, basic armband, $3.95 shipped (U.S.).  Company has given me good and fast service.

http://www.pcmicrostore.com/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:10504292

Great price MM!  Here’s a pricier one from DLO, designed specifically to fit the Sansa Clip. It includes a protective screen cover:

http://www.dlo.com/Products/AJsan_clip_Prod.tpl?command=showpage&cart=120542603616917840

Good to see the stitching doesn’t come near the screen.  I had a DLO Action Jacket for my Sansa Connect, and the stitching on the inside scratched up my Connect’s screen.

@promisedplanet wrote:
Just for chucks, I took some regular headphones (lightweight) and wrapped the cord around the top, and then clipped my Clip to the top.  I took them out jogging.  I was pretty surprised that the weight of the Clip didn’t pull the headphones down off my head, and it was great having no dangling cord.  Of course they don’t look very fashionable :wink: … but actually, if you put the Clip right next to one of the speakers, it doesn’t look half-bad, and the Clip is so light that you don’t notice the extra weight on one side of your head (at least I didn’t).

lol.  That’s a good idea!  It kind of reminds me of the beer dispensing hats, with one beer on each side.  I wonder how one of those would work while jogging :dizzy_face:

@promisedplanet wrote:
Just for chucks, I took some regular headphones (lightweight) and wrapped the cord around the top, and then clipped my Clip to the top.  I took them out jogging.  I was pretty surprised that the weight of the Clip didn’t pull the headphones down off my head, and it was great having no dangling cord.  Of course they don’t look very fashionable :wink: … but actually, if you put the Clip right next to one of the speakers, it doesn’t look half-bad, and the Clip is so light that you don’t notice the extra weight on one side of your head (at least I didn’t).

lol.  Dangling cords are annoying/that’s a good idea!  It kind of reminds me of the beer dispensing hats, with one beer on each side.  I wonder how one of those would work while jogging :dizzy_face:

@neutron_bob wrote:

RideBikes!

I bicycle, rain or shine, to work every day.  In the wet, I clip on a set of race fenders, and Bob’s your uncle! 

.  .  .“Here’s my number,” he said, handing us both a ticket.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Bob, you’re hilarious!  Do you do birthday parties?   But back to biz - yeah, it’s great riding to work.  I feel really energized & alive on the days I ride in!  (I ride most days but draw the line on snow/ice. . .I don’t have the sag van/safety crew!)  Ride-to-work makes the work day go a lot better. . .and you get to look forward to the ride home all day = awsome!

As for buds, I use these:  http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?OpenForm&pc^sc^KSC75  I got them from Amazon last year for about $15/free ship.  They sound great, reduce the wind noise without any reduction in ambient sound (that I can detect.)  Plus, I look like an absolute dork wearing them (nerd?  geek?  all of the above?)  Hey, before you count them out, check 'em out on the headphone site Calkid referenced a few posts back.  That’s actually where I first found them.

Thanks for the suggestions on armbands - Calkid, Miikerman, PromPlanet  (and whoa, the girl on the DLO product page is seriously cute!)  But I’m hoping the clip’s spring is strong enough it will stay in place on the sleeve of my riding jersey without resorting to an armband.  We shall see.  But PromisedPlanet has me thinking about abandoning the sleeve & just clipping on the top of my helmet.  (Picture that with my goofy outerspace earphones and. . .anybody remember the robot maid from the Jetsons? . . .yep, that’s the look.)

Good to see you were all so productive today! 

Great price MM!  Here’s a pricier one from DLO, designed specifically to fit the Sansa Clip. It includes a protective screen cover:

http://www.dlo.com/Products/AJsan_clip_Prod.tpl?command=showpage&cart=120542603616917840

The DLO Action Jacket is nice, although I have a hard time seeing why it should be priced at $20 …  The armband for it is a generic-like armband, that the clip of the Clip attaches to.  And so if you only need an armband and not a player case, I’d recommend using PCMicrostore or one of the other avenues, and buying a large pizza with the “leftover” money. 

RideBikes wrote:

But PromisedPlanet has me thinking about abandoning the sleeve & just clipping on the top of my helmet. 

I know it sounds goofy, but people should not underestimate the feeling of having no cord dangling around … just putting on and taking off your headphones (or in your case, your helmet) as one unit.  :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know how many times I’ve managed to fling my portable players 40 feet away from me because I made some quick gesture with my arm, and my hand was under the cord.  Or if I’m hiking in the winter and I have the player and cord inside my jacket, the cord always manages to slightly snag on something and I get that annoying tugging feeling at the ears.

Sandisk should come up with some headphones with a little integrated Sansa Clip dock.  The dock could be on a bracket that goes behind your head.  Or in front of your forehead if you really want to freak people out (in which case, we need a firmware update with a Backlight Always On option, heck, I want that anyways!).

@promisedplanet wrote:

I know it sounds goofy, but people should not underestimate the feeling of having no cord dangling around … just putting on and taking off your headphones (or in your case, your helmet) as one unit.  :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, I wasn’t poking fun at your suggestion as much as I was poking fun at my earphones.  Check 'em out:  http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?OpenForm&pc^sc^KSC75  They’re not too bad but this winter when I had a thin stocking cap pulled down over them. . .gave my head a pretty strange shape!

I think the “no cord dangling” idea is great.

Just got my 4Gb today… and yessir… it is totally unreadable outside. When i first opened it i didn’t think it looked too dim… even on 1/2 brightness… but take it outside and it’s invisible. Glad to hear there’s an update in the works to fix this. Even tho i don’t regularly use mine outside it’d certainly be an issue if you did.

Thanks for you reaction, Sedjwik–this is hard to “see” without the unit itself in hand (and it’s not in b&m stores yet).  How are you finding it inside (at 1/2 brightness or full)?

No prob at all inside… or even in the car… even at 1/2 bright… standing by a window… no problem. I thought maybe they had fixed it. But wow… take it out into the sunlight and you have NOTHING! I was honestly surprised. There must be something about that glossy finish that really blocks the display output under sunlight. I mean, i could find NO way to hold it or cup my hands around it that would make it readable. Glad i don’t use mine much outside… and sure hope the fw fix works for everyone who does.

Message Edited by Sedjwik on 03-15-2008 08:43 PM

Thanks again-that’s really just freaky and I can’t imagine it.  Will be interesting to see how the firmware revision next month does with this.