Time for the pool: Waterproof Clip pouch

Not made for any player in particular, and fine for the Clip:  the Lewis N. Clark WaterSeals Standard MP3 Waterproof Pouch, $18.99 + tax shipped (in the U.S.) from Buy.com (plus with $10 off if using Google Checkout).  Great price, and a nice product especially at the price.  Also available thru ebags.com but without free ship.  (And actually, my buy.com purchase seems to have come from ebags in the end.) 

http://www.buy.com/prod/lewis-n-clark-waterseals-standard-mp3-waterproof-pouch/q/loc/16234/206462553.html

Essentially a heavier gauge blue-tinted plastic pouch, with 3 ziplocks to keep the pouch innards waterproof and a carrying/neck cord.  Includes waterproof triple flange (soft) earbuds that are attached through the pouch.  The sound is not as high quality as my $40 earbuds, but acceptable (and you always can attach other earbuds/headphones if you like, albeit not with waterproof protection–there is a headphone connector outside the pouch).  All for under $20.

The Clip functions just fine through the pouch, for navigating.  You can’t, however, use the side controls through the pouch (although the volume control might be somewhat feasible, although not immediately easy).  Be sure to get the large (standard) sized pouch–I think the smaller pouch would be too tight a fit (my Clip in a case fit fine enough into the standard pouch).

Now I can use the Clip in the Jacuzzi without fear of it falling into the water, or without fear of my earbuds getting ruined or falling into the water.  I must say, I haven’t had the courage, yet, to allow the pouch to go underwater, although it is rated down to 9 feet (I keep the player at the side of the pool, but without fear of it falling in)–something about an electrical appliance and water makes me a bit nervous to do that …  (If you don’t hear from me here in the future, you’ll know that I tried and that the pouch is not truly waterproof …)

:wink:

Recommended.

@miikerman wrote:

something about an electrical appliance and water makes me a bit nervous to do that …  (If you don’t hear from me here in the future, you’ll know that I tried and that the pouch is not truly waterproof …)

:wink:

Recommended.

HAhaha…yeah- that is the main reason I bought my Clip- I used to listen to an old AC powered tape deck while in the pool…and if a sudden big gust of wind would have come along and have blown it off the ladder and into the water…I would’ve gotten a chance to see first-hand how well that GFI outlet that I installed for the filter really works! :slight_smile:

Hey, Miikerman!

My waterproof pouch arrived yesterday! Wow! Awesome for the price!! I am thoroughly happy!

Thanks again, for turning me on to this.

:)  Am glad you like it!  It really has been nice to have (and especially at that price). 

Although designed for IPods, these cases, armbands, etc. offer a more sporty (swim and surf with it) waterproof solution. 

http://h2oaudio.com/fit_chart.php

The integrated, wear-it-on-your-head option would be great but I don’t think the Clip would fit, even with the clip removed.

I’m curious which of the larger cases would offer the best fit but will have to wait to get to a store that carries them to test it out.

Yep, but at a considerably greater than US $19 price.  And with uncertain fit/inability to work the player through the case …

Yep, but at a considerably greater than US $19 price for the originally noted.  And they’re not made for the Clip to fit.

The originally noted is great for casual pool/surf use.

Hey, I just saw that the waterproof pouch I have still is available at Buy.com (now Rakuten.com), and the price is down to $14.99–good deal!  The only thing I noticed is, there is no mention of the earbuds in the product description (actually, there is very little description there of the item at all), although 1 of the 2 photos of the item shows the earbuds that came with mine (triple-flange earbuds–again, there is, at least with mine, an earphone plug built into the plastic pouch)– hopefully, the pouch still has the earphone plug feature and comes with the buds.  I’d say, grab it.