this whole firmware thing

i wouldnt call my self a professional firmware tester but ive noticed a few problems with version1.01.22a.

1. if im listening to a recording and i got to the Music Options menu i cant go to the equalizer  all i can do is select Back To Recording List. its slightly frustrating.

2. Why cant they make different backgrounds(my pics) and menu styles and screensavers which we have total control of?

3. im not complaining im just asking because the Fuze deserves to be the 3rd best Music and video player in the country.

4. is there a program that Sandisk can make that lets us customize our own firmware? msg me if you agree. anyone is allowed but i prefer Sandisk staff. thank you.

@anyatui wrote:

i wouldnt call my self a professional firmware tester but ive noticed a few problems with version1.01.22a.

1. if im listening to a recording and i got to the Music Options menu i cant go to the equalizer  all i can do is select Back To Recording List. its slightly frustrating.
  1. Why cant they make different backgrounds(my pics) and menu styles and screensavers which we have total control of?
  1. im not complaining im just asking because the Fuze deserves to be the 3rd best Music and video player in the country.
  1. is there a program that Sandisk can make that lets us customize our own firmware? msg me if you agree. anyone is allowed but i prefer Sandisk staff. thank you.

Why would you need a screensaver?:wink:

And, what do you mean, the Fuze deserves to be the 3rd best music and video player in the country? For one, it’s a world-wide thing, not country-wide… and 3rd best behind which players?

@anyatui wrote:

1. is there a program that Sandisk can make that lets us customize our own firmware? msg me if you agree. anyone is allowed but i prefer Sandisk staff. thank you.

Rockbox, if & when they are ever sucessful in porting it to the Fuze. Otherwise, don’t hold your breath.

@anyatui wrote:

1. Why cant they make different backgrounds(my pics) and menu styles and screensavers which we have total control of?
  1. im not complaining im just asking because the Fuze deserves to be the 3rd best Music and video player in the country.

The only thing I see as remotly doable or even useable is the 1st thing, Haveing an eq on all playback features would be nice. NO background photos please It would be far to hard to read, The GUI is busy enough as it is, but if you were to add a photo it would be impossible to read, and a screensaver would be a battery killer, when you play video you drastically cut the battery life, so a screensaver (The Equivelent to playing Video) over your music would drop your battery big time. The fuze is maybe the best player in the WORLD, I say this because it is the only player that does not have any proproetary file types, Granted the 2 most popular will take general file types but try and download something from itunes or Zunecast, and you get something that only works with their products. And Finally a user customizable firmware is just asking for trouble. Not everyone is a programmer, so amatures would be trying to program a firmware that controls their player. A Techsupport nightmare. How would you trouble shoot issues on a player with a one of a kind firmware?

then in that case make it available to people who know what they are doing. the screensaver can be fully optional. and the fuze comes behind the 8GB fuze and the I-Touch

The iTouch is iBig and iKludgy in comparison.  It straddles that line between a PSP and a phone without a transceiver.

I prefer a device to be centered upon the task at hand. 

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: