This Ain't No Doll!

It’s the Steve Jobs Action Figure . . .

The12-inch figure, which will be sold by in icons, is set to ship next month and will retail for an Apple-like premium of $99.99. But you get quite a lot of detail for your Benjamin. The figure features Jobs’s “uniform” of blue jeans, black mock turtleneck, and running shoes. The figure’s face has glasses, realistic facial stubble, and the unmistakable male pattern baldness.

According to the site’s product page, the figure comes with these features:

• One realistic, sculpted head and two pairs of glasses.
  • One highly articulated body and three pairs of hands.
  • One black turtleneck and one pair of blue jeans.
  • One black leather belt and one chair (wood + metal).
  • One pair of black socks and sneaker(s).
  • Two apples (one with a bite).
  • One piece of “ONE MORE THING” hard backdrop.

However, the Next Web predicts this unauthorized Steve Jobs action figure will get the kibosh before it goes on sale in February.

That’s so incredibly life-like.  The uncanny resemblance still surprises me even though I’ve see it a few times already.  I’d like to see one in person to gauge how good the details really are. 

@mags1230 wrote:

That’s so incredibly life-like.  The uncanny resemblance still surprises me even though I’ve see it a few times already.  I’d like to see one in person to gauge how good the details really are. 

I’m sure Tapeworm has a couple on order! :smileylol:

Marvin_Martian wrote:

I’ve always gotten the impression that Tapeworm has no liking for the man nor his company.  If he gets one or more, it may be to use them as voodoo dolls.  hehe

@mags1230 wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

I’ve always gotten the impression that Tapeworm has no liking for the man nor his company.  If he gets one or more, it may be to use them as voodoo dolls.  hehe

My thoughts exactly! :wink:

Well, as expected the powers-that-be at Apple (and the Jobs family) has persuaded the company not to go forward with the release of the “Mac Daddy” action-figure.

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_19753239?source=rss

Look for the prototype model to show up on Pawn Stars. Chumlee will hurt his brain trying to find the string to pull that makes it talk. :laughing:

Well, as expected the powers-that-be at Apple (and the Jobs family) has persuaded the company not to go forward with the release of the “Mac Daddy” action-figure.

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_19753239?so​urce=rss

Look for the prototype model to show up on Pawn Stars. Chumlee will likely hurt his brain trying to find the string to pull that makes it talk.

The company has announced it will refund my . . . err, I mean anybody’s deposit on pre-orders.

i hope i’m not the only one that finds this creepy

@tapeworm wrote:

Certainly, no surprise there.

The company is in China. With the right contacts (and cash), I doubt that a few won’t just happen to slip through to someone’s hands.

@tapeworm wrote:

Look for the prototype model to show up on Pawn Stars. Chumlee will likely hurt his brain trying to find the string to pull that makes it talk.

@n88tr wrote:

Creepy? Nahhhh!

Now Lego Steve?

That’s kinda creepy! :smileyvery-happy:

+1 right here! First time I’ve seen it. 

@n88tr wrote:

Don’t worry… You’re not!  I do too, and so does this guy: